Probation: witherack

witherack

Street Preacher
Sorry I know it has my name in yellow - I was given building permissions in game before it was updated to the server.

witherack

Street Preacher
Here is a grain merchant. However although I did all the inside and textured the outside the structure was not made by me.
/warp kl32
3562, 68, -807

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello Wither, sorry you haven't heard from us. I will be your probation builder. I would prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. If there is anything you need help with, just ask!

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:

1. Build number. Just number them on the plot and in here when you post.
  2. /warp ???
  3. Coordinates
I see you have already been giving the information on your other builds, good job!

I suggest you make a custom "tag" to distinguish your tag block from the rest. One or two blocks should do it. Don't want it to become too big and messy.

Cya in game.

- Johan

Last edited:

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey!
We have now gone through the first 4 builds together. Here is the things to remember for your next builds.

1. Use cleavers not daggers in kitchens.
2. Remember to add thatch carpets.
3. Keep an eye on the smoke. So there is no smoke when there is no fire, and smoke when there is fire.
4. We made a lot of changes to the yard in Varner. Remember to implement those in future builds.

Goodluck on your next build!

- Johan

Reactions: witherack

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Why wouldn't you use daggers in a kitchen? They are indistinguishable from a regular knife, which would be even more commonplace in a kitchen than a cleaver.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Ya i guess it's an example of an ambiguous block, as Tham talked about. I was just personally taught during my probation that the dagger is a weapon and the cleaver a kitchen tool. But i can just leave it up to the individual probie in the future.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I kinda agree that the dagger block looks a bit out of place in poor houses, as the texture looks a bit too refined, with bits of red and gold on the pommel.

Reactions: DutchGuard

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hi Witherack. Great to see you back at it!
The plot was called "Garrison command". I see why that could be confusing, i myself had to ask Luk what kind of purpose the ints would be serving. And it's supposed to be the Commanders living quarters. The ints you have done right now are more of a traditional garrison. You have done a great job on the ints that is not an issue. But you will need to change the purpose of the rooms. I will leave melons at plot with further details.
And there is the cellar for storage. You have done a good job here. I would add some thatch to the floor, and maybe change some of the storage. I left some melons in game.

Reactions: DutchGuard

witherack

Street Preacher
I have
  • Changed the sword racks to a kitchen
  • Added a bedroom
  • Added rushes to the warehouse
  • Taken away the bedding away and added storage in the loft

Reactions: JohanKR850

witherack

Street Preacher
This one has taken me absolutely ages. It is a smith (but not a weaponsmith) in kl1.
/warp kl1
3127, 44, -1250

witherack

Street Preacher
I was able to do a septon's house in Orme, which is great because I haven't really done any religious builds before it.
/warp Orme
1657, 62, 15346