WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Build 1: Farmer
Warp/ romsey
Cords: 3059, 14890
Notes:
I found the smoke hole a bit difficult, especially shaping the roof around that. Ngl I didn't even know what a smoke hole was at first lmaoo.

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger

Hi WalrusBehindYou.​

or

walrus

welcome to the team,
I hope you are active on the server.
You are my first probation I have picked up this year, so lets make sure you do some good builds and have fun.

Make sure to chat around and make friends with people, interacting with others will make your building process a lot more enjoyable,
Other builders can also give feedback and ideas.

I will be your probation Leader. The aim of the probation period is to build 5 houses in different regional styles in one month.

You can build as many houses as you want, but the 5 are mandatory.
It would be good to see you do at least 1 profession, this being 1 of your 5 houses.
A profession is someone who has a specific job, so this tends to be a blacksmith or baker.
you will typically find one of these profession plots in a large town or city.

ALSO
Check our dynamic map
  1. Look above where it says map here on the forums. Once the dynamic map is open you will see our entire server map.
  2. On the map screen you will find in the top left corner that there is a scroll down box, you can tick -OPEN PLOTS.
  3. This will show all open plots on our server.
  4. You can also tick warps, though we have so many it does slow down the page.

During your probation, I would like you to try and complete as many of the following tasks to find your niche:

1) Build in all the following regions:

None Available at the moment

maybe opening soon

Whiteharbour
check out /warp WH5

check out
/warp Beresford

OldAnchor

check out /warp reimswich

House Lolliston

check out /warp Lollistonhamlet3

or

Bigglestone
/warp bigglestone

House Cobb

Check out /warp Romsey

or

KINGSLANDING
check out
/warp kl8
/warp kl4
/warp kl14b = for some high class

check out these in progress places.

/warp greenstone
and talk to jeffjunior who leads this, you can just check the style out

/warp Bolling
and talk to Homie who leads this, you can just check the style out
----------------------------------
coming soon
House Tarth by cc
/warp tarthport

Sloane valley by aino
/warp stonehelm

HornVale

check out /warp hvfarm1

House Willum

/warp Willum4

or

House Redwyne of the Arbor
check out /warp Vinetown

check out
/warp TheTor
/warp GhostHill
/warp redmountainvillage

for some completed projects.

2) Build all the following classes:

a) Low class
b) Middle class
c) High class (if you can't find anywhere open, pick a plot somewhere, ask someone to copy it to your own plot and build it as though you were making a test for it)

__
You will find low classes across the entire server in hamlets and villages.
you will find middle class in larger towns and cities.
you will rarely find high class in Rich towns and they are normally found in cities.

3) Build the following places:
a) In a hamlet
b) In a rural location with animal pens/farms.
c) In a town

4) Make a test for something and have it approved.

I prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. Or if we do not see each other in game at the same time this will be given in full feedback here on your probation post.

My time zone Is GMT. 00.00, Im from the UK, you will find me on most nights between 6pm to 1am
You can contact me via discord I normally have this open. my Discord is IMajic#0500
If there is anything you need help with, just ask.

When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
  1. Build number.
  2. Number them on the plot and in here when you post.
  3. /warp ****
  4. Coordinates xx/yy/zz

Here is some useful information.

• You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide

Some useful commands.

/back [warps back to your previous location]
/thru [allows you to go through walls]
/nv [Night Vision]
/list [lists the players online-useful to see ranks]
/seen [example- /seen Imajic -checks when I was last online]
/speed [1-5] allows you to change your walking and flying speed.
/gm 3 and /gm 1 allow you to go to spectator mode and creative mode.

I suggest you make a custom "tag" to distinguish your tag block from the rest. One or two blocks should do it.

If you have any questions, please message me here or in game and in discord.

thanks
Maj

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffjunior77

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Nice to meet you Maj, looking forward to the probation process.

I've already built a low class farmer from the Crownlands. Just a small building in Romsey, had a little help from Die Wursttheke with the kitchen area.

Warp/ romsey

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
First Feedback

Warp/ romsey

Feedback Via Melons.
  • 1. Exterior.

On the exterior you need to rework the wood for the exterior palette, the daub and wattle is good, neat and simple for a small cottage.

So you need to show the wood has been worn away around the edges and corners such as around windows and doorways.
    - this is where you would use jungle wood.

The corners on the building can get damp, right now the wood is done 3 oak, 3 jungle, 3 oak.
    So it needs to make more sense than being random or linear.

• Do not be scared to use plants around your houses and cottages they can give it a bit more of a rural feel to them. when using bushes you can use some plants to give them hight such as ferns or tall grass to show they are growing.

• 2. Interior.

Butcher knives block used in the kitchen, this block wouldn't be used in a small cottage like this, this block is mainly used in large kitchens or professions like a butchers.

-Replace this with a bench block of any type.

Around the fire pit I would move the wattle division fence 1 block away since it touches the fire and this is very flammable being right next to an open fire,

-Maybe move it 1 block closer to the bed [left 1 block]

• no other changes, please remove the melons once you have amended the things requested.

Build 2: Fisherfoke in Reimswich
/Warp Reimswich
Coords: 8736, 4476

No changes

Very good work, good use of the pallete, farmers are good, loft could have been another space used for beds, that is up to you if you want to change. Baskets and storage in the loft is fine though.

- this is already a lot better then the first in respect.

If you did the yard, then this is very good work. I might make a change and include a small area to grow some herbs, but fish can be exchanged for other food goods in town in return for veggies and herbs. But then again they would grow a small amount of food with the large yard space behind the house.

Great work on these builds.
Very well executed for a first build.

Last edited:

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Okie dokie, so I made the amendments to the Romsey house. I'm glad the yard is looking good, I was unsure about it.

I also have two new builds, a smith in Hornvale and a a money lender from Kingslanding, although the KL is only an interior build.

Build 3: Moneylending in Kingslanding
/Warp KL14B
Coords: 3330, 1132
**Approved by project leader

Build 4: Smith in Hornvale
/Warp hvseptry
Coords: 4853, 11123

Last edited:
Reactions: IMajic

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Build 5: Farmer in Lolliston
/Warp lollistonhamlet3
Coords: 1049, 6293

Build 6: Cattle Herder from Stonedance
/Warp shham1
Coords: 8382, 12074
**Approved by project lead

Also just discovered the 'done' utility block, so I added that to all my previous builds.

Last edited:

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I did a few more, maybe a bit too many lmao

Build 8: Stonetown, farmer
/warp greenstone
Coords: 8275, 12465

Build 9: Greenstone, fisherman
/warp greenstone
Coords: 8938, 20163

Build 10: Willum, fisherman
/warp willum4
Coords: 578, 17800

Build 11: Hornvale, basket waver
/warp hornvale
Coords: 4418, 11321

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I finished a house in Kings Landing, a upper class jeweller. I am a bit unsure about the first, second and attic floors but I'm pretty happy with the exterior and ground floor.

/warp kl22
Coords: 3759, 1062

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Walrus, I will check it out in game.

Glad you still attempted the k.L build.
It is great practice and maybe once the plot/district in K.L is open, your build could be put into production.

Also

I will need to write up a quick Feedback here on the forums for the houses.
The ones we went over in game the other day. There wasn't really any problems with your houses and there were only some minor changes that we went over in game together. It was nice to meet you though. Great work.

The feedback will still need to be posted here so that you can reference things and look back at this probation process.
[also allows mods to see how the probation is getting on]

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Hey, Maj

Good it meet you too, thanks for the feedback in game. So do you want me to copy the feedback written on the signs into this thread?

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hey, Maj

Good it meet you too, thanks for the feedback in game. So do you want me to copy the feedback written on the signs into this thread?
No I will do this, I have been a little lazy writing here, I will do it right now before I do something else and forget.

Also I had a look over that kl High class house test.
The exteriors are fine no problems made, could be a little 'spruced' up to show their wealth off. maybe with windows and overhangs, plants since they require looking after. other small things we don't notice ;)

Main problems were the interiors.
These need quite a bit of work, this might be easier to show in game.

I will also grab a few wealthy high class houses to show some layouts and items used, so you understand the difference between a low/midd class city houses is. There is quite a bit of difference when building high class since blocks used are different with interior walls and furnishings.

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I fully admit that I had zero clue as to what I was doing with the interior layout, so I look forward to the help in game.
Also its ok, I always forget to reply here too. lmao

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Second Feedback

Kirf Old Mines
/warp Risley

All these houses were checked over in game with you, there were no changes needed, great interiors, wurst has checked over them and also found no issues. LUK, the project lead has also approved on these houses.

Also Speak with Wusrt about the mines as he wants to do some changes in game with you.

Great work at this location. Good to see you tackling on detailing terrain as well now.

Build 4: Smith in Hornvale
/Warp hvseptry
Coords: 4853, 11123

Feedback via in game

No changes required. when working on uneven ground, I would try to flatten the yard, or put the crops following the levels like terraces.

Also please make sure the pattern is kept symmetrical, the X daub block in the middle of the wall didn't look right, usually these look best in eaves or top spots for palettes, they can also look good along the bottom used as a trimming on the house.

Build 5: Farmer in Lolliston
/Warp lollistonhamlet3
Coords: 1049, 6293

Feedback via in game

Make sure that all plants are attached to the ground, this includes vines and bushes.
some plants can double up to give hight variation

Yard is great, nice and neatly laid out and interesting.
No problems, good work here again.

Build 6: Cattle Herder from Stonedance
/Warp shham1
Coords: 8382, 12074
**Approved by project lead

Feedback via in game

The feedback was removed before I posted this, but I remember there wasn't much changes that occurred here with you in game.

MAKE SURE that the warp and coordinates are correct I just had to fly all over the server trying to find this house.

Build 7: Two farmer houses in Risley
/Warp risley
Cords: 361, 14025
Interior only

Feedback via melons

No melons as these interiors seem fine.

Build 10: Willum, fisherman
/warp willum4
Coords: 578, 17800

LOVE IT, great palette choice, the decor around the house is good, the interiors are great, nice house to end this feedback, I can't really fault this one.

One note to change would be the loft floor, you have used flat slabs and haven't used any type of support. this is fine as the space is limited.
you can use stairs on the corners on the walls for this or use rafters itself, but it seems fine as it is.

I see you corrected a melon for the path entrance.

No changes are needed.
Great work on these lot.
-maj

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Third feedback

The houses listed below need work and need checking over in game.

Build 3: Moneylending in Kingslanding
/Warp KL14B
Coords: 3330, 1132
**Approved by project leader

Feedback needed.

Have to re check this in game with you if it is the house on your plot.

I can not find this house to the coordinates you have posted here,
I also do not remember you showing me this kl house.

So we will need to check this over in game or you to recheck this and post the coordinates correctly.

Is this the kl house on your plot? if so I will need to go over with you in game for this as I think we need to re go over it and lots of changes are needed.
I want to make sure you get a high class house done to a good standard.

Build 8: Stonetown, farmer
/warp greenstone
Coords: 8275, 12465

CAN NOT FIND THIS HOUSE! coords are wrong or I am just confused on which one it is.

Build 11: Hornvale, basket weaver
/warp hornvale
Coords: 4418, 11321

Feedback via Melons

Lots of melons to check in game ;)

Veggie patch near the front used farmland blocks with mud blocks, these create a light issue causing the farmland blocks to seem very dark. They are not a full block which is causing the problem, I would just use mud and maybe you can mix in muddy sand or use pine needles block as a mix.

These 2 blocks mix well with mud blocks [muddy sand and pine needles] - do not use all 3, only mix 2

The hanging line seems out of place in the middle of the yard with the working area on the side behind it, it just feels to 'placed'
Try to think where it would be best to hang cloths from, they would try to use structures first like side of the house or off a shed wall. they would try to use one post if they could to save on construction.

There is a window around the back that is 2 high, the window touches the ground outside, I would try to never do this.
This would allow dirt, rain and vermin to enter the house easy. Think about mice and ants that would come inside through the window to get food.
Change this to a 1 window block, 1 block above the ground.

Inside your interiors are all good, maybe add in a loft since this house is quite tall, they could use it to store goods in a safe dry dark spot.

Build 9: Greenstone, fisherman
/warp greenstone
Coords: 8938, 20163

Feedback via Melons

Lots of melons to check in game ;)

The interior for this house needs lots of work to make it very poor, right now they are looking like a poor village house, not a rural fishing house with near to nothing.

Right now I see you are doing your :-

interiors to a good standard
House exterior to a good standard
Yards and gardens to a good standard

Problem I am finding is that you need to polish on the difference between classes, say the difference between a low class house to a very poor rural house. Same thing with a wealthy high class city house, since it looks like a mid/high class town house interior.
So it is just about using the correct feel of interior inside to refine and make it look perfect.

There isn't any concerns though, so good work.
Perfecting this last bit will conclude your probation since you have less then a week left, If we can fix these last bits I will approve you as full builder.
Until then we will continue the probation and give a week extension if it is needed.

PLEASE MARK YOUR PLOTS!!

Thank you, hope this is all ok and you understand.

Good work on everything though
-maj

Last edited:
Reactions: WalrusBehindYou