Probation - Vertechs

Vertechs

Mummer
Hey all, took a while but I'm starting my probation thread now. I'm a returning builder but I'm a little confused what that actually means for probation.
Anyway, first house is:
/warp KL25
Coords: 3136 65 -880

I tried to keep as much of the original layout as possible, but it didn't have any pot-making things in it so I started running out of room trying to add all that.

Reactions: ItsPabs and Sapper

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Verteches,
Welcome back, though I haven't met you.
I will take you you up.

Welcome to the team.

I will be your probation Leader. The aim of the probation period is to build 5 houses in different regional styles :- on the production server.
You can build as many houses you want, but the 5 are mandatory. It would also be good to see you do at least one profession as well, this being 1 of your 5 houses.

If you like a style in a location but there are no houses for said location, you may plot a house on your private test plot in the test world and complete the house this way. This will be good experience for plotting a house and yard and allow you to try out another style.

I prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. Or if we do not see each other in game at the same time this will be given in full feedback here on your probation post.

My time zone Is GMT. 00.00, Im from the uk, you will find me on most nights between 6pm to 1am
You can contact me via discord I normally have this open. my Discord is IMajic#0500

If there is anything you need help with, just ask!

When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:

1. Build number.
    Number them on the plot and in here when you post.
  2. /warp ****
  3. Coordinates xx/yy/zz

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide

Some useful commands.

/back [warps back to your previous location]
/thru [allows you to go through walls]
/nv [Night Vision]
/list [lists the players online-useful to see ranks]
/seen [example- /seen Imajic -checks when I was last online]

I suggest you make a custom "tag" to distinguish your tag block from the rest.
One or two blocks should do it.
Good luck with your builds and have fun.

I will check over your first/second house later on today.

thx maj

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Just to clarify, since Vertechs is a returning builder, he just has to build the 5 houses and then can be re-promoted to full builder if you think everything seems fine.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Feedback

1st house @/warp Kl25

A few bits to change inside, exteriors are great, d&w is good and clean.

I have placed melons.

Feedback to remember.

• 1. Ground floor: I would recommend using half doors to reinforce the earth floor over wattle

• 2. 1st floor: The hanging baskets above the stairs seems to high up i would remove this or move it and or have a shelf instead due to
    having space due to the room having good hight spacing.
    2021-06-02_21.12.29.png
  • 3. 1st floor: Between the rafters I would use a divider; maybe a plank beam, as the ceiling is uneven and would probably have a
    support beam to hold the floor above up. So I would use planks then underneath the planks using a half slab if that works.
    2021-06-02_21.12.58.png
  • 4. 1st floor: I would change the glass full cabinet to a normal cabinet. A glass cabinet would be a useless expense due to affordability
    2021-06-02_21.12.18.png
  • 5. 1st floor: In the main bedroom there is a cupboard that doesn't work to well, there are plenty of better designs you could use. The
    stairs you used feels awkward, especially the one used as a table beside the basket. I would take a look at other houses
    nearby for other designs you could look at.
    2021-06-02_21.11.55.png
Very nice house, great work for this. The layout is good and the exteriors are very good = up to date with your building.

2nd house @/warp Aberfeild

Small changes.

I have placed melons.

Feedback to remember.

• 1. Ground floor: The drawer is missing the half door on the side, easy fix, Please don't forget and it's best todo a final sweep to check over
    your work.
    2021-06-02_21.34.58.png
  • 2. Ground floor: I'm unsure why the daub is coming through in multiple places through the ceiling maybe one area could work but multiple
    areas isn't realistic due to the owners/ tenants would fix this immediately due to damage/water coming in.
    2021-06-02_21.35.15.png
  • 3. Ground floor: Bed is by a window I try not to do this due to heat loss. Beds you want to keep warm at night, the window could be
    moved over a bit, maybe you could have a window by the bed in a dornish house. The half doors also feel a bit awkward
    and boxy around the bed so id just remove them.
2021-06-02_21.35.31.png

Overall this is a good house, great use of the exterior. nothing wrong with the palette.

Thanks
maj

Vertechs

Mummer
I went back and addressed the issues you pointed out. I wasn't sure exactly what you meant for the rafters in the first house, but I changed it a bit and I think it looks better if still not perfect.
I also started a new house in Coldonplots. I'll try to finish that up soon too. Sorry it's all taking me a while lol, been a bit hectic but I'm glad to be back on the server!

Vertechs

Mummer
Finished my 3rd house
/Warp Coldonplots
-100 60 -6600

I wasn't sure about the yard out back. The notes say they should be hop stacks but I'm not sure what that means or what it would look like. I filled it in with a normalish garden, but I'm happy to go back and fix it.