Probation: TheGoatLord

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goat! I'll be your probation leader.

Just a reminder that you need to build at least 5 houses and post here the coordinates and the closest warp for them, so I can find them and give you feedback. Hopefully I can give most of this feedback in-game, but I may post here if necessary. After a month if your houses are up to standard you'll be promoted to fullbuilder.

Good luck! :)

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Hey Ric!

X = 4910 Z=11397

There are the Co-ords. I finished the garden and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out,

Thanks,

TGL

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goat, I had a look at the house and left some feedback. Also, Luk left some melons too. The three houses must share the same yard, so you'll need to make a few ajustments so your part fits along with the rest.

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Hey Ric,

I made the adjustments: The yard is now shared, I moved and altered the design of the clothes line, made a lumber storage cabinet, and also added more detail to the ground.

Reactions: Ric

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
X = -90 Z = 15750 For the 4 person quarryman's house at /warp romohamlet, there have been no changes since you last saw it, just put it here for future reference :)

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Yes, please post all houses you build here, even if we talk about them in-game :)

And, as you said, we talked in-game about the second house and I saw the yard on the first one, nice work integrating it with the part Alex did.

Reactions: TheGoatLord

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Here are the Co-ords for two other builds:

X = -1572 Z = -20434
For Mance's Camp

X = -6630 Z = 10985
For Oxcross

Ric

Ser
Staff member
About the tents, Otty left some melons saying that your mistakes were fixed and she would post them here.

For the Oxcross house, I left some feedback for you in-game, mostly about the interiors.

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Thanks for the input Ric, I took it on board and finished the interior of the Oxcross house yesterday (forgot to update the forums, oops, sorry about that). Now I just need to do the garden, I messaged Lem regarding its shape. As far as I'm aware the tents are approved now that Otty fixed the fireplace, but I may be wrong.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goat, next time I'm online I'll have a look first thing!

On another note I want to ask you to please use this standard format for your next houses posts:
Build number
Number your builds in the order you complete them. Add this number to your in-game builder tag.
/warp
The warp should be the nearest available warp as seen from the Dynamic Map
X,Y,Z Coordinates
The xyz coordinates should be near to the center of your build, found by pressing F3 in game.

Also, I would like to ask that you mark your next builds with a red lantern block next to your name tag, displaying the number of the build. This is just a standardisation of the probation process we'll be using from now on, nothing that you need to worry about.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goat, I had a look at the Oxcross house. The house is looking good! :) I did left some feedback and suggestions, but on minor things.

When you do the yard I'll get back to it

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Hey Ric the Oxcross house is done and awaiting approval or criticism from Lem.

Here are the details:

Build number 4
/warp oxcross
X: -6629, Z: 10986, Y:48

The front garden is looking a little empty, but I don't think the space warrants anything other than a few weeds. Thanks :)

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Nice work!

Just two things on the Oxcross house: becareful with weeds on the path, depeding of where they are it could be a place where they wouldn't grow, as people would constantly step there. Also, I think there should be a more clear way of conection between the front and the back, they seem a little disconnect taking into account that they are of the same house. Perhaps making a slightly wider path on the northern side of the house would help.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
About the tents, Otty left some melons saying that your mistakes were fixed and she would post them here.

For the Oxcross house, I left some feedback for you in-game, mostly about the interiors.

Essentially the fire pit had no muddy snow slabs around it. Compacted snow is important for indictating paths as well as areas walked across consistently. White snow is “fresh” snow. As well, fire would melt a fair amount of nearby snow if not contained by bricks. You had chairs that are not a necessity to be brought along on a trip. The bare basics were brought for cooking, protection and shelter. Some tent interiors were adjusted. Hanging clothes are something I let slip by despite my assumption they only had one pair of clothing. However, breaking the upside-down staircases just to place a full line of them is unecessary and takes on bad form. I like my tent roofs to be nice and flushed.

Thanks! -Otty.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoatLord and Ric

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Hey Ric,

I made the changes the Oxcross house suggested by you and Lem. I also started my 5th probational build:

Build number 5
/warp norridge
X: -2946, Z: 18829, Y:55

TheGoatLord

Storyteller
Ok, So My 5th build is done and awaiting input or approval, as is my 4th and 1st. I checked on build number 3 at Mance's camp and saw that a building guide had been added, so I made the adjustments to my tents which were highlighted in the guide.

I thought I'd compile all the information concerning my probational builds in order, in this post so whoever looks for them doesn't have to scroll through this whole thread:

Build number 1 - Farmer's house with a shared garden in the Duskendale sprawl
/warp ddwest
X: 4911, Z: 11398, Y:46

Build number 2 - 4 person quarryman's house at a quarry village in the east of the Reach, south of Rousemont
/warp romoquarry
X: -89, Z: 15756, Y: 42

Build Number 3 - 2 Tents and a fireplace at Mance's camp
/warp manceswarp1
X: -1572, Z: -20435, Y: 46

Build number 4 - A Westerlands plaster style house for an apothecary who is also a midwife at Oxcross
/warp oxcross
X: -6629, Z: 10986, Y:48

Build number 5 - A Farmer's house at Whitegrove, just east of Highgarden
/warp norridge
X: -2946, Z: 18829, Y:55

Thanks, Goat.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goaty, thanks for compiling everything! So to sumarize I'll do it like you did:

Build number 1 - DDWest
It's not approved yet, but imo it's looking good!

Build number 2 - Romoquarry
Approved already! Looks nice

Build number 3 - Mances
Apparently approved already and both of the tens looking good

Build number 4 - Oxcross
Lem left another melon for you to see, about the shape of the yard and suggesting you to google "medieval herb garden" (you'll find some good inspo). I've also made an outline in the front yard to help you have a less bubbly shape

Build number 5 - Norridge
Very cute house, already approved too. But be careful to not use smoke out of the chimney if there's no fire lit in the fireplace.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Goat! I've seen your 6th house in Mostyninn. I did left a note there, but it was on a minor detail.

With that in mind, I believe that you are now ready to be promoted to full builder! Congrats on it and welcome to the team! :D
Next time you're on remember to ask a mod to promote you and note that you can now have a plot assigned to you in the test world :)