Probation: Scubooty

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hi Scubooty, I'll be your probation leader.

So you need to build 5 houses or buildings in different styles during your probation month and if they are all up to scratch at the end of the probationary month, you can be promoted to fullbuilder.

You post the closest warp to your building and the co ordinates of it so I can find it more easily. I'll go through it, making suggestions on what can be improved, what might need to be fixed and things to think when building. This might be done through chatting to you in-game or through me leaving melons.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask,

Goodluck!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I've checked out the Oxcross Build, it looks good to me. Only one melon I left which is easy peasy to address.

The dd house is mostly good, just the yard needs some touching up. I've left some melons.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Woohoo! I’m looking forward to checking out your take on the common house in a few hours. NoMoreFun plotted and is leading that mini so if he gives any feedback, please listen to it.

With your duskendale house, there is still more that can be done to make the yard look fresh. Try adding more details like small bushes and overgrown portions like Lukqs has in the yard of the house next door.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Alright! I’ve checked out your Norrey house and left melons. You’ve done very well with the gradient and shape of the building, my only issues were with the roof. I’ve modified the western side and an indication of what’s in looking for.
I also moved the building down 1 block.
Interiors are very good for the area, I like the central fire pit design you made.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
I decided to build another Oxcross house.
Even though it is not a separate style I am waiting for permission to build a house so I decided to build another house.
Warp [oxcross]
Coords: -4280 18550 53

Reactions: AerioOndos

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
There are no limits on how many houses you can make during your probation period, nor anything against you doing more of 1 style. Its all good practice.

The below will be edited as I get around to the builds today
I like how you've cleaned up the yard at duskendale but I'll give it one last check.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hi Scubooty,
I've had a look at both your Oxcross houses. Lemonbear left a melon at the first one, which needs to be addressed. your second oxcross build I like however, your yard is barren. Could you make it more lively, perhaps with multiple small fields. Have a look at Viserys' yard that I marked with big red lanterns and see what you can do similarly.

The Norrey house is good, I just added a partition to it (as build leader).

Your ddwest carpenter needs more of a workshop. currently I can't tell whether they are a cobbler or whether they work with wood somehow. Otherwise, I love it, especially the little garden plots.

I'd say all your Mance's camp tents except one. Your tent made of Mance's camp tent block has the outside texture of the stair blocks exposed on the inside. You should cover them with darkthatch stairs like other builders and/or Otty has.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
I have done a lot to try and improve all the melons and other criticisms left on the builds hopefully there aren't as many anymore.
Additionally, I built a build near [riversmooth]
Coords: -4402 18760 56

Reactions: AerioOndos

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Great, I’ll check them out tonight. I think your good with interiors but still need to think about use of space, particularly with yards.
I’ve got a few suggestions for your second oxcross one.

Your right on the river. Maybe there could be a patch where clothes have been laid out to dry (white carpet) on the grass and a basket is near the river edge is where someone has been washing them