Completed Probation: LucasHobbit

LucasHobbit

Messenger
hey seri, thx for the feedback on my builds so far,

im gonna be outta town for a few days so was wondering if i could get some FB on what ive done with the chandler so far, its not done yet but I've fleshed out the Ground floor shop for the most part and would love to come right back to some critiques.

cheers -LH

/warp OAtown
Cords 7870/38/4516

Reactions: SseriousBusiness
Reviewd houses: #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

-FB on structural designs
-FB on roof shapes
-FB on stone gradients
-FB on minor details

Loved the interior on the amber clan one! Amazing job!! And for the chandler it's pretty solid work so far! The hearth can be reworked a bit, it looks a bit clunky rn + the chimney should be on top of it since it's so big and is not really encrusted in the wall, the table beside it can also have a different design.
Right now its like this:
2021-07-31_22.20.10.png
Try something like this :
2021-07-31_22.20.37.png
I will be leaving for a week too so enjoy your trip!! :)

Reactions: DutchGuard

LucasHobbit

Messenger
will admit that this house has taken some extra work just to get it looking right, but that doesn't need to undermine the (at this stage) final product. i would say i'm actually really happy with this attic space, it just feels really nice. im sure u see the builds i post here but i just wanted to highlight how satisfied i am with it.

Im really having fun on this server and the challenge is great. Have fun on ur break and see you soon

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DutchGuard

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #16
  2. /warp sfham3
  3. Coordinates -7210/69/11220
low class farmer with donkey
completed the shared yard outside the house

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #17
  2. /warp sfham3
  3. Coordinates -7199/70/11210
low class grain barn with raised storage of grain
completed the donkey mill outside

Reviewd houses: #14, #15, #16, #17

-FB on feature designs, the hearth was a bit clunky, example of a cleaner design
-FB on floor gradients, never have gravel next to dry storm pebbles, always use a gravel>dirt>dry storm pebbles gradient
-FB on interior details
-FB on furnace blocks, the blocks right above a furnace can/should be a bit darker to represent the fact that it is in contact with smoke regularly
-FB on beds layout, always have beds relatively organized specially if they are right next to each other, you can then use thatch to messy it a bit around it
-FB on clothesline placement, clothesline generally are placed in the personal/sleeping area, away from smoke and smells
-FB on rope ladders, rarely use rope ladders specially in domestic houses, always use wooden ones

Your builds in burley have been really good so far, awesome job! the donkey mill was also great! I'd advise to diversify the stone gradient of it but besides that it's a great design! Sorry for the long wait I've been procrastinating ahah, just need another couple more houses to review and you are approved, keep up the good work!

Reactions: LucasHobbit
Went through both houses, left some melons in each, the main problem is the distribution of space and rooms. Try and always use the space as efficient as possible, having 2 sets of stairs in a small building takes up too much space, in these situations try and "economise" space as much as you can. Also low class houses should very rarely have divisions, specially in houses that don't expand horizontally but vertically and have small width and length. General rule of thumb when doing low class urban houses: when it's 2 floors and has a shop, do bottom one the shop and storage and the upper one living area (kitchen+sleeping), when it's 2 floors and an attic with a shop, do shop at the bottom, eating area and kitchen in the first floor as well as a pantry/storage room, and the attic for sleeping area. The lower the class the more multi purpose the rooms were, so the less divisions too.

I will go on vacation from the 3rd to the 20th of September, but I will still extend your probation some additional weeks so we can flesh out your building a bit more, you can continue building houses and posting them here while I'm away and when I return I'll go through them. You can and should ask for feedback from other builders too if you have any trouble in building something.

Keep up the progress, and if you need to ask me something you can always reach out to me on discord!! :)

Reactions: LucasHobbit

LucasHobbit

Messenger
great thx seri,

there is just one query i have about ur feedback in regards to this comment.
low class houses should very rarely have divisions, specially in houses that don't expand horizontally but vertically and have small width and length
i can certainly understand this in other circumstances however this particular house is quite long. i feel if there weren't any subdivisions, the room may feel too sparsely furnished. Maybe you just mean that there shouldn't be any block walls but there could be half walls and divide the floor a bit.

anyway,
enjoy the break
-LH

PS: I asked about this in game and CC + Ric said i should go two rooms with locks for walls so ill go with that, we can change things when u return, also marge said "his queen says that ur name is Ser Rhai"

Attachments

• Minecraft 1.12.2 2_09_2021 11_37_53 AM.png
    Minecraft 1.12.2 2_09_2021 11_37_53 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SseriousBusiness
Alright! I went through the houses and still had some more stylistic points to make but nothing too serious. With time it gets easier and easier to understand which designs work and which don't. But it's long overdue so I approve you for full builder!! Whatever you need you can ask me still, feedback, opinions, help or whatever it is, and congrats on fully entering the team!!