Completed Probation: LucasHobbit

Hello LucasHobbit, congrats and welcome to the team! I’ll be your probation leader for the following weeks :D.

You know the gist, you need to do at least 5 houses in 5 different styles, you can build as many as you want after that.

When you post your builds here on the forums please post the following information:
  1. Build number.
  2. /warp ****
  3. Coordinates xx/yy/zz
I’ll try and feedback your houses in-game with you as much as I can. My time is GMT, I’ll probably be more active during the weekends. Here's this guide for more information: New Builder's Guide . Any other questions you can always contact me through forum direct messages or on discord!

The probation period is usually a month, but if I deem you’re not ready I’ll extend the time, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, mistakes are always important regardless if you are a probie or a mod, but, if there’s any better time to make mistakes it’s during probation! And while building you can and should ask for help from other builders, hear their explanations, look at their examples and ways of doing things. But don’t let them build and step in your place, the purpose is not to make state-of-the-art pieces with the highest standard, it’s for you to learn and improve, that only happens if you do it yourself.

But above all else, have fun and engage in the community :D!! And good luck :)

Reactions: Gealrüable

LucasHobbit

Messenger
hey Sserious done with my first build :)

1. Build 1
  2. /warp Burleyham 3
  3. Coordinates -1848/117/-11152
goat herder low class
My timezone is AEST btw, cheers

Last edited:

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #3
  2. /warp Varnerham1
  3. Coordinates -2955/52/15387
Low class farm house for a Potter with a yard, veggie patches and a shed to Kiln the pots
(had a note block saying "does the yard" so i assume i needed to fill out the yard for this plot too)

Last edited:
Reviewd houses: #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5

-FB on using more complex furniture blocks in low class houses, poor houses should have more rudimentary
-FB on using 2 firewood blocks stacked on top of each other, just 2 blocks on top of each other would make the firewood roll down and fall without some encasing
-FB on vertical poles, unless they are representing a built in wooden plank structure, all poles should be bark fences for ex (laundry lines, ceiling vertical supports etc)
-FB on tables using table blocks, a 2 wide table with 2 table blocks looks weird with the 6 legs (the middle one being thicker) but generally the table block should be avoided in low class houses, more simple designs can be used
-FB on path gradients
-Hoppers on washing lines are outdated

The most common issue was the overuse of furniture blocks in poorer low houses, but besides that you have absorbed the style of building really well.

Good job :)

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #7
  2. /warp kl16c
  3. Coordinates 4038/64/-1049
flea bottom multi tenement building over crowded
exterior only (rules said i need external approval, dunno if that means from a mod, Ravish or yourself)

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

LucasHobbit

Messenger
hey Seri,

for my build 8 it had a melon on top saying you had left some feedback on the build however, i cant seem to find it on the plot.
I will admit that I did eagerly remove the melon on the top of the build before actually looking for the feedback.
Perhaps I misread the sign and it said there was no feedback or i just cant find the feedback for that plot

cheers, Lucas

PS with the KL build i didnt fully understand what u meant about the external gradient and the dark cobble, so i used some more of the dark cobble in the area u pointed out, let me know if u meant something else

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #11
  2. /warp girlbosssept
  3. Coordinates 3595/45/-1230
middle class jeweler,
two floors with an attic/workshop/bedroom for apprentice

PS apologies for the odd warp, i think jake set it up but its right outside the shop

Last edited:

LucasHobbit

Messenger
  1. Build #12
  2. /warp amberclan
  3. Coordinates -7757/54/-9224
netmaker low class, interior only (plus a little bit outside referring to the occupation