welcome to the team, I saw you had a quick application post. I hope to see you active on the server.
I will be your probation Leader. The aim of the probation period is to build 5 houses in different regional styles. You can build as many houses you want but the 5 are mandatory. It would also be good to see you do at least 1 profession as well, this being 1 of your 5.
During your probation, I would like you to try and complete as many of the following tasks to find your niche:
1) Build in all the following regions:
a) The North
b) The Vale
c) The Riverland's
d) The Crownlands
e) The Storm lands
f) The Westerlands
g) The Reach
2) Build all the following classes:
a) Low class
b) Middle class
c) High class (if you can't find anywhere open, pick a plot somewhere, ask someone to copy it to your own plot and build it as though you were making a test for it)
3) Build the following places:
a) In a hamlet
b) In a rural location with animal pens/farms.
c) In a town
4) Make a test for something and have it approved. [section copied from spike]
I prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. Or if we do not see each other in game at the same time this will be given in full feedback here on your probation post.
My time zone Is GMT. 00.00, Im from the UK, you will find me on most nights between 6pm to 1am
You can contact me via discord I normally have this open. my Discord is IMajic#0500
If there is anything you need help with, just ask.
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
Number them on the plot and in here when you post.
Here is some useful information.
You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
You can also find plots at /warp build
To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
/back [warps back to your previous location] /thru [allows you to go through walls] /nv [Night Vision] /list [lists the players online-useful to see ranks] /seen [example- /seen Imajic -checks when I was last online]
I suggest you make a custom "tag" to distinguish your tag block from the rest. One or two blocks should do it.
Build 1. Carpenter in /warp sfham3. x=-7175, y=11165
I have a question. This house shares a yard with a barn. Do I just build my half of the yard or wait for a barn builder to make the yard together? The barn isn't even started yet.
1. In the living area, you have 3 tables, there s no need to have this many for a small houses, most of the chopping of foods/ housework would be done on the one table, so re work the living area.
2. Their are sacks of flour under one of the tables, sacks wouldn't support the weight and the flour could be ruined by this, the table also wouldn't be supported. so i would move the flour from under there to somewhere else.
3. You have also used light vivid stone on the exterior wall, please change this to monotone as the vivid doesn't match in well with the arbor blocks,
-look at the other houses as reference to get the idea.
4. Please use the entire yard space, don't waste space, they would grow a lot more veggies and use up as much space as they could.
- I have left an example of how to use the space better for this yard as the yard has a hight variation and can be tricky to work with. So try something out like this, however you want it to be.
Also the working area is nicely done at the top, so leave this.
Great work on this build. pretty much well exectuted apart from minor things.
Feedback Via Melons.
1. Changed the number of bookshelf blocks in the main living space room, from 3 blocks to 1 block.
= remember = Bookshelves
Books are very expensive and owning just a few books would have costed a lot of money. generally they are reserved to the high class which a town mayor is usually a mid class, but is still literate. The storm lands is also quite a poor region.
2. make sure beds are closer to warm areas of the house, so away from windows and doors, genuinely close to chimneys or fireplaces found in the room [if it is a large wealthy build].
= Remember = dyed colour beds
You had all the beds being what we reserve as high/high mid class houses. in mid class houses we really only keep 1 main bed using the coloured linen bed due to it also being quite expensive due to dyes.
3. make sure to keep your thatch carpets neat and semi random formed.
you have done this well in both large rooms but in this little entry area you can do something like this, Im not sure if I did leave a melon here.
I also did these small changes to show you how I find things a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
I saw you had addressed the melons already, so great work.
Great work on the exterior!
Your interior could still use a bit of work, which will come in time and learning the blocks and using storage better.
Creating storage can be better over using the drawer/cupboard blocks, so have a play around when you next do a plot.