Probation: IronGentleGiant

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Builds 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24
Region: The Reach, [House Crane of Red Lake]
Profession: Farmers, Vineyard Workers, and one Net Maker
I did all the interiors, yards, and chimneys.

/warp RedLake
Coordinates: -5559 60 15516

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
This is just a little update, I've got a few nods from mods agreeing to extend Iron's probation. He is very close to being free from this stage, but I'm noticing quirks in his builds that still need to straighten out. Hopefully it's only a short time before you're done Iron/Peanut thanks for taking this well! Please ask other people for their opinions and to critique homes, to get a wider perspective of the standard beyond my perception of it.

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Builds 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34
Region: The North, [House Manderly of Whiteharbor]
Profession: one Braavos Captain, multiple fishermen, multiple farmers, stables, and grain barn.

/warp whsprawl2
Coordinates:its all there

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Build 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Region: The Reach, [House Graceford of Holyhall]
Profession(s): Smith, Baker, Beekeeper, and Honey Processor, and a Farmer

/warp holyhall
/warp holyhallbridge

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Build 45
Region: The Riverlands, [Stoney Sept]
Profession: Smuggler

/warp SS
Low-Urban Middle Class On the other side of the river opposite the docks.

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
255704.jpg

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Okay, Iron. Its been two months and I've seen more growth within this past month than the previous. Sorry for not being on this past week I've had a friend I've been draggin to and from the hosptial ontop being busy with exams.

However, I want to be transparent about what I expect moving on.
When I leave probation builder its typically because they've learned 4 things.
1. Our standard
2. How we think
3. How the server works (IE, We do build outside the line gold, what style guides are or what blocks may represent)
4. How to take and apply feedback.

You've completed the first 3 aspects well. Yet I'm concerned about number 4. I've repeated myself several times more than usual as a leader. And I see mistakes made when they shouldn't be which is my greatest concern for you moving on.

No probation builder will leave my hands without still having a lot left to perfect but in the least, if they pass number four it means they're capable of continuing to learn and often times it means they critique themselves enough to grow through practice. You've gotten a lot better, really. And it's hard how to know how to apply critique, heck I struggle with it still. But I believe that it is your weakest aspect. Start building up that inner voice of evaluation more and when others do help don't just apply their advice to one build try to understand their advice. Its like college you shouldn't just memorize the math equations, you need to understand them in order to pass the class.

But the weird part is, I'd also I also believe you do know to this.

Essentially I see builds where you apply all that I've taught you and then suddenly you'll show me one that drops the ball and will be as if you forgot all the advice you've been given. For lack of any better phrasing, stop that. Whatever is causing you to fumble needs to be corrected.

Now, this advice below applies to every build and I say it on every probie thread of mine in case any newbie ever reads it.

Don't rush into a project. Give yourself time to really figure out what your skills are and what skills you want to enhance before moving on. If everything is out of your skill range, keep working. They're a lot of work and it's great to challenge yourself but accept that challenge when you've built up a good skillset.

You need 1 mini-project under your belt before moving on to a big project. I suggest 3 mini's

I rushed my project, and I failed my first project. It is bad. The best first projects are the ones where people waited several months to a year before applying.

You may select a plot next time your on and ask a mod to remove your [N].

Keep working hard for us. Congrats!

Reactions: IronGentleGiant