Probation: IronGentleGiant

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
[QUOTE="otty, post: 7309, member: 67"Glad to finally welcome you to the team! Since you’re often on when I am I do think I’m most suitable to be your leader. I like one on one sessions anyways cause then I can demonstrate what I mean an we can talk stuff out.
But that being said here is the post I always post:

I'll be your probation leader and am excited to teach you our honorable ways.

However, I do want to be transparent in the fact that I've been hunkering down on the results of my critique and my probation builders. I'm not strict but I really want people to learn during this period as server standards are currently high, higher than when I started.

So, that being said here are my expectations!
I need 5 builds, preferably from a variety of projects. I completely respect that finding a place to build is difficult, let alone 5 different ones. However, if I critique 5 builds from the same style, it's not showing me much of your understanding of our server standards. I'm not saying you can't build in the same place, but they can't all count towards your final five (maybe 2).

If a build is approved by the project lead I prefer not to accept it. Its nothing against you or anyone, but since more builders than not prefer to go in and adjust the mistakes and then approve it versus leaving melons of critique, they're not teaching you to learn from your mistakes.

If some area doesn't seem open to building, ask around before getting started. Some areas will have glass borders overhead, these borders mean "Open to building" anything outside you shouldn't be building in yet.

I want you to be following the style guides and other builds down to the details! While I respect personal building liberty, I want you to understand our thinking before you go in and start making more independent decisions on another's style. Does this make sense? Until you have 5 approved builds, I really would wish that you look at the details of each build and try to strictly follow their stylistic approach. I really don't care much to see builds where there are a bunch of broad interpretations of the style. It's just to create good building/thinking habits!

Interact with others, the more a part of the community you are, the better experience you'll have on the server!

Ask questions.

Build! Build lots! I love it when people just go crazy building. However, just because I don't critique all of them, doesn't mean you shouldn't go back and fix things you learned!

Have fun! I know I may have scared you, with well, me (I'm may seem intimidating, but you'll soon realize I'm an extreme dumbass who tries to be smart but ends up communicating in piglatin) But really this server has made a huge impact on a lot of people's lives, and I would like it to have a positive one on you!

Things to expect from me... Your leader. Who ... yeah. Me.

If we aren't on at mutual times to critique, I leave Melons and a forum post. However, it is much more beneficial to talk in game so be prepared to drop whatever you're doing if we're both on so I can teach you my wisdom and ways. The interaction allows for easy communication is all, and I can provide demonstrations aswell.

Do as I say not as I do. Please... please don't follow in my footsteps of terrible building.

I will try my best to get back to you in a reasonable time.

If there is anything you need from me. Lemme know! If you feel I'm not teaching you enough or showing you enough then I'm failing you. Let me know if I am. I'm trying to take this seriously
Good luck out there again, sorry for the long post! I tend to over explain myself...[/QUOTE]

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Build 8
Region: The North [House Wull]
Profession: Barracks Sleeping Quarters

/warp wullvillage3
Next to Barracks Den & Yard

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I haven't made any posts about your homes, which I technically really should, but honestly mods, people learn so much better if I teach them one on one. Which is what I've been doing with Iron/Peanut here.

But just a reminder to keep interiors simple yet "used" and to occupy as much of your gardens as you can. Avoid lack of logic, and always consider the time's things were set. This will require research initially before home building and the process of professions becomes secondhand. Hope to see you building back here soon. You've made great strides of improvement in the last couple homes I saw.

Last edited:
Reactions: thecoddfish
I haven't made any posts about your homes, which I technically really should, but honestly mods, people learn so much better if I teach them one on one. Which is what I've been doing with Iron/Peanut here.

But just a reminder to keep interiors simple yet "used" and to occupy as much of your gardens as you can. Avoid lack of logic, and always consider the time's things were set. This will require research initially before home building and the process of professions becomes secondhand. Hope to see you building back here soon. You've made great strides of improvement in the last couple homes I saw.
People do learn more from 1on1 teaching. I still think it would be nice to post the feedback here. I like to see the feedback others get and I use it to improve my own builds.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Probation Build 13
Region: The Reach, HighGarden [House Tyrell]
Profession: Bookbinder

/warp HighGarden
Coordinates: -4829 56 18551

Hi Iron, I've taken a look at the house, nice attempt but there's quite a few issues that are a little odd or aren't in line with the HG Town style guide. I tried to grab you to walk through it a few mins ago in game but you had to dash. If you catch me online, ask me to go through it with you.

Thanks

Reactions: otty

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
Probation Builds 14, 15, 16, and 17
Region: The Reach, [House Crane of Red Lake]
Community of Related Farmers

/warp RedLake
Coordinates: -5621 58 15290