Probation: Heroiclust

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Ill take you under my wing, I the next month you have to build atleast 5 houses, afterwards if you have met the expectations you will be promoted to a full builder, If I will not feel confident in your building abilities I will extend your probation period (this rarely happens)
Anyway Good Luck

Heroiclust

Mummer
First build: Parren, Quarry Overseer House (Can Read) x:-6626 z:13435
Build #2: Waterman Fisherman + family x:3817, z: -2463.
Build #3: Norreyham1 Shepard house x:148, z:015398.

Last edited:

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build #1
- make sure that your tables can stand upright, a table with one leg wouldnt really work
- reserve reading & writing only for the upper class

Build #2
- the tables again,
- make sure your fireplaces have no wood exposed to the flames
- make sure your carpets have some sort of shape, they shouldnt be a random blocks on the floor
- do not forget to remove blocks that you placed to help you place other blocks down
- we reorganized the yard
- try to add some grass in places where people wouldnt walk often
- do not forget smoke blocks

Build #3
- changed the fireplace around a bit to make sure the smoke hole was directly above

Build #4
- we fixed few minor issues in the interiors
- added some blocks to disrupt the thatch

Good job so far!

Heroiclust

Mummer
Build #6 - Tower in the Reach, first tower including vanilla ever. Inspired by some other towers as well. x:-7073, z:15346

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build #5
- have the dirt/gravel ratio at 50/50 unless there is a specific reason to not to have it
- dont forget to tag your houses with the DONE block when youre finished
- cushioned furniture (leather chairs) would get easily damaged if they are placed outside due to the weather
- make sure that dirt blocks are not visible under stone blocks (walls etc... )
- make sure your rafters are facing the right direction
- dont forget smoke!
- dont make gravel/dirt steps

Build #6
- Firstly I am not a fan of the tower at all and the plotting, however this is an issue with the project leader rather than you
- remove some storage blocks
- dont have cushioned furniture online
- always have the armory close the the guards sleeping places
- avoid leaving iron exposed to the elements

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build #7
- full basket of veggies next to untouched veggie patch
- the floor isnt covered with straw like in the other houses
- bench blocks should only have 1 of their sides visible
- you were missing a shutter
- fix the rafters of the roof
- we did some major interior redesign
- try to avoid using rope ladders where they are not needed, they are harder to make and harder to climb
- clothes in the north will not be able to dry outside, its cold and wet there... have them indoors

Build #8
-market stall is great, nothing bad about it

Build #9
- dont have axes in random stuff, the villagers would probably not want to destroy a crate they are storing in a barn by smashing it with an axe
- make sure that storage places are accessible, it is hard to carry a crate up a ladder etc..

Otherwise well done

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Heroiclust! As we talked in-game I'm taking Simbas place as your probbie leader. About not being active, don't worry. We all have to take care about some things on our personal lives sometimes.

So, on the last houses you posted:

10th: already approved, nice work.

11th: very nice house too. One tip is that it's good to avoid using the same type of crop twice on the same yard, but I think it should be okay in this case, unless the project lead says otherwise.

12th: we talked in-game and you added a few windows and worked on the rafters. It seems good to me. Two things tho, that I didn't say in-game: don't forget to add window shutters to the windows and to connect the house to the road.

Finally, I would like to ask you to build one more house before I decide if the probation should be extended or if you are ready to become a full builder.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Heroiclust! So, on your 13th house I left some notes there on feedback. After seeing it, I decided that you still have some things to work before becoming a full-builder so I'm extending your probation for another month (starting today, 13th of July, to be clear). Hopefully we can work on this things together and you'll soon be ready. :)

I would like to add one thing tho. I did not read your note, as it was not there anymore, but I've heard that it was about the plotting. I believe the plot is okay, you can even see one similar to yours on the house beside it. Please, if you think a plot is off somehow, just leave a note pointing it out to the project lead and build somewhere else. You can also ask for opinions and feedback from anyone else, but remember to respect their opinions even if you disagree with them.

Reactions: ContraBlonde