Probation: EverlastEvil07

_Simbaa

Printmaker
I'have feedbacked the house ingame, here are the highlights!
- we did some major yard changes, this has come down to the lack of research! always try to understand how medieval professions worked, there are alot of texts online and images, both painting and recreations!
- feel free to be bit more creative and add some details to distinguish your house from the others, within a reason off-course

Otherwise well done!

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Hi Everlast, I am bit busy right now, I believe you are more than capable to handle building on your own, so please forgive me if my feedback will be bit late, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, remember to always check in with your probation thread with every new house to make sure none of the previous feedback can be applied to it in the meantime!

Reactions: EverlastEvil
Hey Sim, no rush here, I completely understand how busy things can get outside of the game. I will reflect on past feedback for the new houses in the meantime!

_Simbaa

Printmaker
- the gradient is all over the place, try to organize it, make sure that some blocks are more frequent at lower levels while others are more frequent at higher levels!
the yard is a chaos here are some tips on how to fix it:
- for basket weaving the primary material would be mostly willow branches or straw, none of which dark thatch represents very well
- try to give the yard a sense of order - why is there a tool station so far away? and why would they need one, you dont need alot of tools to weave baskets/hats etc... all you kinda need is just a knife/scissors
- whats going on with the oak logs with an axe in them
- when using carrots/turnips try to have some of the crops in other stages of growth
- get rid of the wattle at the out house
- why would they work on the baskets outside? you can weave inside just as well, and being forced to pause your job just because it rains seems impractical!
- why are there fallen leaves with the crops next to the work area?

Hey Sim, thanks for feedback, here are some things I should've point out in case we weren't on at the same time:
-The oak logs are there to represent branches (Ik its a big block to do so...), I thought I should put them there incase some of the branches needed to be cut down into smaller pieces that can be handle better
-About the other crop in the yard which were just grass or others similar to it. I thought it would be nice to have some sort of "leaves" that are flexible enough to help tie the baskets together. for example: corn leaves are long and can endure twisting before breaking, I thought of making a crop kind of similar to it to help tie the branches together to make the basket, which is my reasoning for having those around

Pls let me know what you think of the things I have addressed, and for the rest, I would do my best to correct the other points you made!

Hey Alex thanks for taking over! Simba has currently reviewed 19 out of the 23 builds I have on the server so far. The last 4 left are listed on the thread for whenever you have time to review them... thanks again

AlexIsTragic

Poet
Pronouns
they/them
#20-

-So since Varner is being remodeled I didn't really look at the yard.
-This is partially personal preference but I don't really like mixing different materials for benches. I would either use just thatch slabs for seats or regular wooden benches.
-The plaster part of the gradient is a bit blotchy. Maybe try larger patches of the brownish white plaster.
-For the rafters I would maybe try a different type of wood (maybe jungle?) so they don't blend in as much with the roof material.
-A lot of the interior right now is sort of cramped into one corner (near the furnace). Maybe have a little more space between the individual elements, or remove some if the space doesn't allow it.

-The d&w pattern is a bit jumbled in the front part of the house.
-I would tone down some of the hanging blocks near the hearth. At the moment it's just a lot of them in a small space.
-For the clothesline I would replace the wooden carpet resting on the poles with a rope.
-Concerning the window on the corner; I would actually have it be flush with the walls as right now it looks a little like it's bulgeing out.
-The yard is very nice.

The builder tags were removed at Longmerton so if could point out to me which ones you did next time you're on that would be nice.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
AlexIsTragic I'm not sure if this will work because Ever didn't give you coords for the second Longmerton house, but you can /tppos 400,48,17953 to find the first one (provided those coords are correct).

AlexIsTragic

Poet
Pronouns
they/them
-So the house itself was very solid, not really any comments on it. We made some minor tweaks to the yard but overall great work.

It should be noted that your probation month has ended. I don't see any consistent issues so I think you're ready to move on to full builder. I'm not sure if you need Simba to sign off too since he was your original probation leader. You can contact a mod to promote you to full builder. Good luck with building on the server.