Probation: ChewyMan125

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Chewy i will be your probation leader! Looking forward to meeting you in-game. I prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions to me or any other builders, there will always be someone online willing to help.

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
  1. /warp ????
  2. Coordinates
  3. Build number. Just number them on the plot and in here when you post.
- Johan

ChewyMan125

Street Preacher
Hey Chewy i will be your probation leader! Looking forward to meeting you in-game. I prefer to go through the houses in game and post the bullet points here on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions to me or any other builders, there will always be someone online willing to help.

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
  1. /warp ????
  2. Coordinates
  3. Build number. Just number them on the plot and in here when you post.
- Johan

Build Number 1, small servant house
/warp Langward
Coords: 6164, 47, 13230

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Chewy, as you know we have taken a look in game at all the houses so far. And it looks great! They have all been approved by their respective leads so far.

On your last house there was only two small things.
1. Remember to add firewood when there is a fireplace. I know you didn't do the yard, it could have been there.
2. The thatch roof needed some support, as the style guide suggested. It was just an honest mistake, and thats always ok.

Looking forward to see your next houses. We talked about you doing a house with a yard in something like Varner + a town house in KL. That way you will have tried your hand at different styles.

- Johan

Reactions: DutchGuard

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello Chewy! The 30 days of probation ends today. But since you have to build at least 5 houses during your probation, ill need see 2 more. Since all of your houses so far has been rural, id like at least one of last two to be urban.

Good luck with your final builds!

Reactions: ChewyMan125

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Alright that was the last two builds.
For the Vinetown house i only have one remark. On the upper floor in the bedroom there is a bench block with an half exposed side. Never leave the sides of blocks like this exposed even if it's just half a side. That also goes for cabinet, table drawers, bookshelves and so on. The yard has some slope thing going on. Im just gonna leave that up to the lead. I don't have a problem with it.

At the Kingslanding house we have a few more issues:
  • On the first floor there is a bench with an exposed side next to the bed.
  • I can't see a class sign, but i assume it's low to low-mid class. There is a full bread block, i would reserve that for mid-high class houses or special builds. Since this is a large urban store just leave it. But try in the future not to use it in poorer builds.
  • Don't use rope ladders for permanent use unless there is a good reason. They would use a normal wooden ladder for a place like this.
  • The chest, barrel, and crates on the loft needs to be replaced by something less bulky/heavy. It would be a huge amount of effort to get these things up there when there only is a ladder. I they would use baskets or sacks.
  • There is a giant log in the celling.

Good job on the builds. But i would like to see one more urban house before i promote you to full builder. Take note of the mistakes i pointed out and im sure it will be great.
So consider your probation extended until you have delivered one last house.

Good luck on the last house, and keep up the good work!

- Johan :D

ChewyMan125

Street Preacher
Build Number 6

King's Landing Middle Class Chandler
/warp KL23B
coords: 4018, 81, -856

Sorry this took so long Johan, things have been pretty busy lately with classes, work, social life, etc. so I hope you understand. I feel way better about this urban build than my last one :D

Reactions: JohanKR850

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Chewy! We had a look at your house, and made a few minor changes. Nothing of real note, other than you must remember to cover up the sides of benches. You did a great job on making profession details! And an overall good job.

I think it is only natural that you move on from probation now. So congratulations and welcome to the Westeroscraft family. I hope your stay will be long and fruitful, and that you will have as many good hours in this community as i have had.

Here is some links that can prove useful (i give them to all my probies), this link is for General stuff. If you wanna do an immersion build see this one immersion builds i have done a few of those myself. Here is some info on leading a project. If you ever have any questions about anything feel free to come to me in game, or shoot me a message on the forums.

See you out there!

• Love
Reactions: ChewyMan125

ChewyMan125

Street Preacher
Hey Chewy! We had a look at your house, and made a few minor changes. Nothing of real note, other than you must remember to cover up the sides of benches. You did a great job on making profession details! And an overall good job.

I think it is only natural that you move on from probation now. So congratulations and welcome to the Westeroscraft family. I hope your stay will be long and fruitful, and that you will have as many good hours in this community as i have had.

Here is some links that can prove useful (i give them to all my probies), this link is for General stuff. If you wanna do an immersion build see this one immersion builds i have done a few of those myself. Here is some info on leading a project. If you ever have any questions about anything feel free to come to me in game, or shoot me a message on the forums.

See you out there!
thanks so much Johan! I'm excited for what being a builder has in store for me!