nubcaker Builder Application

nubcaker

Bard

Belgium

I can't even remember. I've been visiting this place for years! The first time must've been on the old map. I probably found the server after seeing a render of the old KL somewhere.

Lord of the Rings, The Elder Scrolls

All of the above

Difficult question, but I would probably go with Theon. I've only just started reading A Game of Thrones, so I can't speak for book Theon, but show Theon has one of the greatest character arcs in the entire show. From the get go, a character in a very interesting position, being a hostage of the Starks, and not really knowing his place in the world. He always struggled with his loyalty between his real family and the family that raised him, and caused him to make terrible and foolish mistakes, for which he paid dearly. Even after Ramsey completely broke him mentally, he eventually managed to prove his loyalty to the Starks.
His relationship with Sansa is probably one of the most intimate relationships in the show, without being romantic, because Sansa and Theon suffered through the same evil, and came out stronger together.

I consider myself a creative person and would love to use this server as an outlet to help me improve in what I can create through this game. I also take my time with everything I make, often redoing things when I'm not satisfied. I have a large fascination for historical architecture, and having lived in a historic Medieval city my whole life, I feel like I have a good eye for medieval buildings and what makes them work.

I've been coming on this server on and off for a couple of years, and for a long time I was satisfied with just being a no-build and appreciating the hard work you guys put in. Well I'm no longer satisfied by just exploring, lol. I want to contribute and make my mark on this server, which I consider by far to be the largest and most ambitious project in Minecraft. I truly believe this server is something historical in the making and I want to be part of that history!

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Approved by Emotione11 on May 9, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey nubcaker,

I'm happy to see that you're finally applying! :D Your time exploring has evidently paid off, because your house is really good. It's pretty much up to server standards and I barely have any feedback to give, so hopefully this app will be a quick one. Here's a couple of the things which are sticking out to me:

- The combined use of vertical wood planks, normal wood planks, and the 6-sided piston seems a little too messy to me, I would recommend simplifying the wood facades a bit (such as using 2 of those blocks rather than all 3, and in a bit less stripe-ey patterns imo).

- I wouldn't do the fence gates on the sides of the roof, sometimes they can be a nice detail but in this case I think they're a bit of an unnecessary distraction; the space under the roof is already filled up nicely by the shed.

For a challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp fairmarket. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the feedback or the fairmarket style. Good luck!

- Emote

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey nubcaker,

Very nice work with this one! I honestly don't really have any feedback this time around, except for that you missed a half door on the workbench/cabinet block to the right here. Make sure those are always covered on all sides except one.

In any case, I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

The next step is to contact a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder. Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide
And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL, I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D