The Kingsroad Starts HereI'm proud to announce the release of our new launcher. Developed using the latest technologies with a heavy emphasis on usability, the launcher aims to provide users with a seamless and downright elegant way to join WesterosCraft.
Join WesterosCraft without worrying about installing Java, Forge, or other mods.
- Full account management.
- Add multiple accounts and easily switch between them.
- Credentials are never stored and transmitted directly to Mojang.
- Efficient asset management.
- Receive client updates as soon as we release them.
- Files are validated before launch. Corrupt or incorrect files will be redownloaded.
- Powerful mod management.
- ☕ Automatic Java validation.
- If you have an incompatible version of Java installed, we'll install the right one for you.
- You do not need to have Java installed to run the launcher.
- News feed natively built into the launcher.
- ⚙️ Intuitive settings management, including a Java control panel.
- Supports all of our servers.
- Switch between server configurations with ease.
- View the player count of the selected server.
- Automatic updates. That's right, the launcher updates itself.
- View the status of Mojang's services.
Download Now from WesterosCraft.com/launcher.
If you are having any issues, check out our brief installation guide.
Alternatively, you may download directly from GitHub Releases.
Note to Alpha/Beta Testers
This is the first Stable Release for the launcher. If you wish to continue to recieve Pre-Release updates, please enable Allow Pre-Release Updates under launcher settings. More information on the wiki.
Special thanks to the following people for their contributions throughout the development period: @Fin, @NewEnglandRed09, @geeberry, @mikeprimm, @Hal9007
Found a bug? Report it here. Looking for information? Check the Wiki.
Upgrading from the Old (Java) Launcher
If you are currently using the old launcher, you can simply install the new launcher without issue. Some things to note:
- The data folders are not the same.
- The new launcher stores all game assets in .westeroscraft.
- The old launcher's files are stored in WesterosCraft.
- All of your files from the old launcher will not automatically carry over to the new launcher.
- All of your screenshots, world saves, etc will still be in the AppData/Roaming/WesterosCraft folder. You can archive these or move them to the corresponing location within .westeroscraft.
- If you are a builder using the Macro/Keyind Mod, you will need to set it up again on the new launcher. Don't worry, it's easier! Click here for instructions.
- If you wish to remove the old launcher and all related files, you may delete the executable file (.exe or .jar) and delete the AppData/Roaming/WesterosCraft folder.