Market Research

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Note: Quoted from @Thamus_Knoward

List of all research done by us:

• Combat playstyles, region population, and a Warden's end goal (still running):
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fee7thz5K_oGAFVc-SSuqo2E6guhahMtSTkaCHeA3WI/edit?usp=sharing
    -> Players were able to chose a combination of 3 playstyles so a detailed analysis could be done to determine which combinations are preferred. It would also be interesting to see if people that picked a certain combination also picked a certain region i.e. most of those who picked the knight playstyle also want to play in the reach.
    173_6.png
    Data analysts are in high demand IRL, get some practise in
    170_3.png
    n = 240 is a good dataset!

Reactions: Thamus_Knoward

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
sorry to be a pain but in the weapon section the Arakh is shown as being a Khopesh or sickle-sword when much of the book descriptions make more scythe-sword overtures (sabres, scimitars). Should this be changed or would it just confuse show watchers too much?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Note: Quoted from @Thamus_Knoward

List of all research done by us:

• Combat playstyles, region population, and a Warden's end goal (still running):
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fee7thz5K_oGAFVc-SSuqo2E6guhahMtSTkaCHeA3WI/edit?usp=sharing
    -> Players were able to chose a combination of 3 playstyles so a detailed analysis could be done to determine which combinations are preferred. It would also be interesting to see if people that picked a certain combination also picked a certain region i.e. most of those who picked the knight playstyle also want to play in the reach.
    173_6.png
    Data analysts are in high demand IRL, get some practise in
    170_3.png
    n = 240 is a good dataset!

Is it at all possible for someone to export the data to an Excel sheet or something? The response summary at the end of the survey only has overall counts, not individual responses.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Attached are some charts illustrating what I've found so far (no numbers yet, just distributions). Character = Combat playstyle; Region = Region population; Agenda = Warden's end goal.

Character Key:
S = I am your servant, your maid, your friends and your guard! I know because they sing to me, my little birds.
F = I am fast and invisible! You will see my arrows sprout from your chest, but you will never see me.
M = I am a Maester of the Citadel! I am at your service!
A = I am agile yet deadly. I will pierce you with my spear before you're blade can reach me.
Q = I am as quiet as a mouse! I am in your castle, and my throwing knife in your throat.
K = I am a true knight! The ringing of our swords and shields is music to my ears.
B = I am as strong as a bull! I wear heavy armour and wield weapons that crush your limbs.
H = I am pain and relief! I can be the energy you need, or the sickness that brings you down.
Sh = I am steady! My bolts will tear your armour to shreds.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 5.17.23 PM.png
This chart shows the actual count on the y-axis, but the other three are proportions of all responses by Region or Character style. As you can see, very few people want to play for the Crownlands or the Iron Islands, and a lot of people want to play for the North.
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 5.23.09 PM.png
This chart shows the proportional distribution of responses for each region.
Crownlands: Knight style is most popular, agile style is least popular.
Dorne: Agile spear and fast bow styles are most popular, and steady bolts are least popular.
Iron Islands: Quiet knife and knight style are most popular, and healer style is least popular. Also, has the highest preference for the steady bolt style.
North: Knight style is most popular, healer style and steady bolts are least popular.
Reach: Knight style and agile spear are most popular, and steady bolts and healer are least popular.
Riverlands: Fast bow, maester, and knight styles are most popular, agile spear is least popular.
Stormlands: Knight style is most popular; healer, steady bolts, and heavy armor styles are least popular.
Vale: Fast bow style is most popular, steady bolts is least popular.
Westerlands: Fast bow style is most popular, quiet knife and spider/spy styles are least popular.

The next two charts look at the effects of Region and Character on Agenda preference.
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 5.47.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 5.47.46 PM.png

Last edited: