Lukqs Builder Application

Lukqs

Bard

Netherlands

The first time i remember it being mentioned was in a Dukonred1 video, he was showcasing a build if i remember correctly. The first time i was interested in actually visiting the server was after i came across the westeroswalks youtube channel and watched the videos on Kingslanding.

I used to really like Narnia when i was in primary school, i like LOTR and there are some dutch books that i really enjoyed. But they were only published in dutch :p

I haven't read any of the books.

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

The Hound, Sandor Clegane is my favorite character, i really like his 'grey' personality, he has done terrible things, on the surface he is an obvious bad guy (especially in the first season) but after his story and backgroud got more developed it became clear that there hides a kind almost knightly man inside Sandor (when we get to know how he treats sansa and arya etc.).

I want to become builder on westeroscraft because: The build quality is amazing on the server being a part of it and also building great looking things would be a nice way to spend some of my past time, GOT is amazing universe to recreate because of all the lore and realism involved and i think i could learn a few things by building on here.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Lukqs,
Thanks for your interest in the server and for taking the time to put this house together.

I've taken a look at your house and on the whole, it's a really good start. You've clearly paid attention to our building styles and have really explored our custom block set, this kind of house is very close to something you would see in Highgarden.

There's not a lot of feedback I can give since you've done a nice job of capturing the Highgarden style and have avoided a lot of the common mistakes made in applications.

If you haven't taken a look yet, this page has some more points and examples that will help on future builds.
https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

For the first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks). Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

- On this next house it would be helpful if you could take some pics of the yard.

Good luck!

Reactions: Antony

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Lukqs,
Thanks for completing this Hawthorne house. Another really nice job, this would fit in great with the rest of the Hawthorne area.

My only note would be to rotate the stairs on this platform 90 degrees so the "beams" on the bottom cross the width/shortest span of the house.

Overall though you're making really good progress. For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp whsprawl. Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/baker/boat builder, netmaker etc).
Note in the post which profession you go with as well.

Good luck!

Reactions: Antony

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Lukqs,
Another job well done, I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved! You'll probably want to disable those shaders once you start building on the server, since then you'll be able to use the /nv command which should make working on those interiors a lot easier.

The next step is to contact a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder. Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't responded within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond. I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

Welcome to the team and I'll see you in Westeros!