LOCKDOWN WITH WESTEROS - Three Competitions | Scene Recreations | Screenshots | Building |

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey everyone!

As we find ourselves in these difficult times, we were thinking of ways to raise the morale and encourage teamwork, but also spark the creativity this community has tons of.

That's why we've decided to hold not one, not two but three contests! These, however, won't all be your traditional contests we're used to having on the server. In order to showcase our accomplishments and the world of ASOIAF, two of these contests will be focused on photography and the third will be a classic building competition with a fresh new theme.

The first two contests will start today, the 15th of April, at GMT 17:00.
Contest #1 – Scene Recreation ends on the 15th of June.
Contest #2 – Westeros Captured ends a month from now, on the 15th of May.

Content #3 – Mid-Year Building Competition will start on the 1st of May and end on the 1st of June.

Multiple submissions are allowed, as well as co-ops. However, you can only receive a prize for one submission.

As always, everyone is allowed to participate. Guests are welcome to submit shader photos, organise scenes, and can be set up with building permissions to take part in the building contest.

The winners will be voted on by a jury of community members.

Submit your entry by sending it in a forum mail to WhereRmyDragons, lemonbear or CashBanks.

Recreate your favorite scenes from GoT or ASOIAF.
Using custom skins and new or existing settings, try to recreate a shot from the show or reimagine it according to the books.

From weddings and funerals, births and deaths, to battles, sieges and coronations, your possibilities are endless.

You can also put together a little comic book if one shot is not enough.
Teamwork is highly encouraged!

Points will be awarded for creativity, effort, detailing and artistic value.

Spoilers are fair game.

The prize will be advised shortly.

This one is pretty simple. All you have to do is capture the perfect shaders photo of a location on our map of your liking.

Anything from castles, towns and ruins to forest and lakes.

The goal here is to showcase the beauty of the things we have accomplished in the last decade, to serve as a reminder to never stop doing what we love - create!

Points will be awarded for creativity, technique and artistic value.

The prize for this a bit different - the winning entry will be used as one of the backgrounds of our launcher!

Theme will be announced closer to the start date, stay tuned for more details!

The use of shader mods is required for Contest #2 and heavily encouraged for Contest #1 to ensure minimal quality for each entry. We know that not everyone can run these, so we will make sure to arrange for someone else to do the screenshotting part for people who have serious ideas for the contests.

Good luck and stay safe!

Last edited:

mdmeaux

Envoy
Can we get some clarification on the rules for Contest #1? Is it a build or a picture we are submitting? I've got an idea I want to try that I could only do on singleplayer, am I allowed to do that and then submit a screenshot of that, or does it have to be built on the server?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Photoshop or other image-editing software enhancement (along the lines of saturation/color changes, depth of field blurs, custom backgrounds/skyboxes, etc.) is fine. ML enhancement might be a step beyond what we can allow because while everyone has the potential to edit images with free editing software like GIMP, not everyone has access to more technical methods that might produce better results.

In short, image-editing for Contest #1 and #2 is allowed, and we will consider an entry's potential for final touchups in our judging.

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Regarding contest #1,
1) Beds seem to not work on the server, (you cannot lie down in them) thus limiting the possibility of certain scene reenactments, would it be possible to make them work?
2} Could we be allowed to spawn some mobs? Horses could be useful for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: ContraBlonde

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
1. Just needs to be night time I think.

2. Mobs, yeah, but we're currently limited to hostile ones for now. Passive ones like horses/wolves are blocked by the server rules, though I've been nagging the coders to try and get that changed.

ContraBlonde

Bookbinder
Do submissions have to use the Westeros resource pack? Or can I use default or another pack?

I only play on Bedrock Edition, meaning that I don’t have access to the server and resource pack. However bedrock edition allows for armor stands that have arms that can make poses.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Do submissions have to use the Westeros resource pack? Or can I use default or another pack?

I only play on Bedrock Edition, meaning that I don’t have access to the server and resource pack. However bedrock edition allows for armor stands that have arms that can make poses.

The aim of the contest is to showcase the builds on the server and the blocks used to make them, so unfortunately it would be a unlikely that the bedrock edition screenshots would do the trick. Always happy to see what you've been working on though.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Today is the last day to submit an entry for the Westeros Captured screenshot contest!
Submit your entry by sending it in a forum mail to WhereRmyDragons, CashBanks, or me (lemonbear)!.

• Love
Reactions: SeapunkPeaches