Juggie Builder Application

Juggie

Mummer

Canada

I don't entirely remember, I learnt of it back in 2016 when I was looking for some cool Game of Thrones servers to play. I believe it was on YouTube.

I used to love the Lord of the Rings movies, along with Harry Potter (movies), and a lot more.

Game of Thrones

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

Robb Stark because even though he was raised to be the Lord of Winterfell, he also was honourable and not spoiled. He has a big heart and does what he believes is best for his family and people, while also doing it in a smart yet honourable way.

I have a pretty good knowledge of world edit and I can build in a variety of different styles. I also have a pretty decent knowledge of Game of Thrones since it's literally been my favourite show since 2016, i'm pretty much a mega nerd when it comes to GoT. I also love to learn new things and just help out in general, and i'm dedicated when it comes to something i'm passionate about.

I've been wanting to join this server since I learnt of it back in 2016, unfortunately, my computer was never good enough. Once I got a new one, one of the first things I did was download the WesterosCraft launcher to join, I found out that it was still being build so I waited for a bit. I came back again pretty recently, wanting to help get these builds done. I've built for a number of servers but I think that a Game of Thrones server would be like my dream builder job (If that makes sense), I feel that I've improved enough at building to hopefully be good enough for this server.

https://imgur.com/a/f1aJPkq

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Juggie,

Solid attempt, good job. I'll write some bullet points of things you did well, and things you need to reflect on in your next challenge, but you've otherwise got a great foundation on which to develop here.

• The actual foundational elements are good. In terms of stone foundation, and then a daub top has been executed adequately.
  • Your furnishing choices are largely appropriate, and indicate a good understanding of space in the house.
  • Daub and wattle usage looks structurally appropriate, if not a little messy in places.

Some things to work on,

• House is potentially a little wide in parts, which is accented by the curved roof emphasising the size of the middle floors. I think it's largely just because the 3rd picture is a potentially unflattering angle.
  • We steer away from using full log blocks now, so something to think about. Take a look at the current building work in Duskendale to get an idea for how we're using wood structurally without full blocks.
  • Ground floor dirt, mix in some gravel with it and then think about some rushes in the future. I think this is a workspace, so maybe not appropriate to put thatch on the floor but something to think about in the future.
  • Some furnishings are good at filling the space, but don't make sense when you think about it. Hay bales are HEAVY, it'd be hard to drag them up to an attic space, an anvil too!
  • Not fond of the floating stair blocks for counter spaces, there are lots of table designs around if you need them.

Good job overall!

For your next house, take a look at /warp woodwright and build something you think would be appropriate there!

Best of luck,

Veg

Veggie

The Old Bear
Smashed it, good job.

My only (very minor) criticism is to keep the darker blocks at the base of the house. I've had a look at Woodwright and I know it might seem like a small pain point, but the cobble blocks do seem to be at the base of the build.

Otherwise you nailed it, really hit that loft-sleeping area that I've seen around woodwright.

Don't be shy to make thatch fill floors more, and maybe stick to just one type of thatch for floorings. A small darker patch by the door to suggest wear would be acceptable.

For your next challenge build a townhouse that you'd find on the river in Duskendale!

All the best,

Vegg

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Juggie,

Sorry I missed this in the forum move!

Really solid attempt. I have no issues with your exteriors other than the fact the building looks a little tall, but I appreciate this is likely only due to the fact it stands alone.

Your interiors are solid too, very few complaints. I think your use of space could be improved. The half doors are excellent but can cause an 'empty' feel in that 90% of the block it takes up is rendered unusable. This is particularly notable in the middle pictures.

I think what you're doing-- and I did it too when first building is putting most the furnishings around the outside of rooms, this makes the rooms feel empty in the centre.

For your next challenge, build me a house you'd find at /warp gaunt

I promise i'll get back to you quicker next time!

V

Juggie

Mummer

Veggie

The Old Bear
Good job! No complaints.

You're ready. Welcome to the team!

If you don't find me in game, ask a mod to promote you.

Be sure to create a probation thread!

Veg