Iiell Builder Application

Iiell

Mummer
I'm 19 yrs.

Germany

I found the Westeroscraft Youtube Cannel and watched the Timelapses and the Westeros Walks. Than I followed the link to the Website.

Beside ASoIaF I really liked the Witcher games, especially 2 and 3.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5

It's either Sansa Stark or Tyrion Lannister.
I'd say Tyrion is the most interesting Character, he has mixed feelings towards his family and I find this oddly relatable.
But I always enjoyed reading Sansas Chapters the most, especially those that take place on the Eyrie. I also think she has a really interesting arc, as she has to completely revise her
image of Joffrey and the Lannisters during the first book.
I'm also really exited to see how her Story continues in TWoW.

I draw quite well and I like designing things.
I have designed fictional Universes of my own.
I have good spacial Imagination.
I know a lot about the books.(Like A LOT.)
I have a lot of time and dedication.
I am a Creative Person.

I love stories with vivid and expansive Universes and worlds and I got completely absorbed by the ASoIaF Books when I read them.
I started drawing a lot of fanart and it even inspired me to start designing a fantasy Universe of my own.
When I first saw this Project on Youtube I was really amazed by it, because of how gigantic it was. I like that the design is oriented on the book rather than the TV-Show, because I must admit that I don't like the Show that much.
I only visited the Server quite recently for the first Time
and I want to see it develop further.
I'm really impressed with the builds and I want to contribute something.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
hey iiell, sorry for how long it's taken. there's a few things i wanna go over with you about your house :D

1 Logs: we tend to avoid these days any use of logs unless absolutely needed. You have logs as external and internal supports, which, in the real world, often were not visible.

2 the daub and wattle can be very had to use when first starting out, trust me, i was there once. we've a few places that make the DW an art form! when you get the chance, take a look at the dw in some of the newer projects liek fm, wickenden and highgarden.

3 a poor knight probably wouldn't be able to read, and if he could, he would most certainly not have many books if any at all. nor probably a painting, which is a form of luxury a poor person would not spend their little finances on , but they would more likely commission a new bed or a nice chest to store their goods in. one thing many people just don't understand is that a chest is actually the one singular furniture almost everyone had. they were quite universal and versatile, serving as temporary seating and storage, even a makeshift table, if needed. also, /warp ikea has some great furnishing ideas!

4 i'm glad you included a privy! i often forget to build them in my hamlets and villages, though using the arrow slits like that looks odd. it's also stone, which is a bit odder still. using the wattle fence works well for the effect of a window.

5 personally, i'm not a huge fan of using the fences like that, but, in appropriate areas under the eaves with a fence-gate combo works nicely. though most people will jsut use sparse fences, and mostly on thatch roofed houses, since the wood is already supported.

6 the gradient for the foundations is rather nice, which is a thing a lot of folks don't have right off the bat. so, yay!

7 your use of the "rush" or the thatch on the floor is pretty good as well :D

8 glass windows were a luxury item, even in grrm's ASOIAF they are often seen as such, with only the richest lords and smallfolk having them. it may be more common in coastal towns for glass windows to develop and be cheaper, such as King's Landing. further inland you'll see "forest glass" which is made of sand and is quite brittle and cheap, usually tinted somewhat green-brown. but, with a peasant style house, windows would be just open holes really, a common style on the newer builds is just a 1wide by 2high hole with a half slab in the top and a wooden carpet on bottom, with shutters.

9 with multi-sided blocks, such as the drawers or the cabinets, try to cover up exposed sides that arent meant to be used. half doors work wonders for that!

10 you have a very flat ceiling and roof. a remedy for this would be a completely sloped roof at a usual 45 degrees (stairs) or, the steeper version using stair/fullblock combos. we have many examples across the server, some prettier than others

So, while this might seem like a lot, it's really easy, and we provide a learning curve to get you ready for building at our standard. So, i think you have potential, and I'm gonna issue you a series of challenges to help you further your abilities. First challenge will be to build a lower class house in the style of /warp vypren. these are simple houses, but cute and very fitting for the frey's vassal :D good luck!

Reactions: Wazgamer

Iiell

Mummer
Thanks for the reply!
I'm going to add the images of the Vypren-Style House to my 'WC Application' Imgur Gallery when I'm done.

Reactions: Wazgamer

Enah

Skinchanger
I'm so sorry, I forgot to reply here.

you had a pretty good house, only off things were the fence and slab supports in the gables, the wooden stuff on top of the brick wall, the garden wasn't bad, a bit square, but, you defintely did add it so that's a good thing! the knight stuff in the closet is weird, and the item framed sigils are a bit too higher class even if they are a knight. so, with the link not working now, i can't judge further apart from what i had seen and what i remember. so, you're next challenge is to build in the style of Wickenden and a middle class house with a profession of baker. good luck!

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey! This is a big improvement! Nothing really off that I can tell, Apart from the torch, which usually are a castle thing. Great use of the new blocks too! I have another challenge for you, please build a farmers cottage in the style of uffering (mainland not the island with the castle) good luck!

Reactions: Elduwin

Enah

Skinchanger
i cannot see the image any longer, so the link must've broken. also, sorry for how long it took, got busy at work and didnt want to deal with these for a bit lol. anyways, i think there was a couple issues with the uffering house, mainly with the daub and a halfdoor and how the rooms were arranged and a bit cramped. but consider yourself approved and you will definitely learn new things along the way, i think you are sufficiently up to date with our styles. check out this link and welcome to the team! https://westeroscraft.com/threads/p...this-to-learn-about-your-probation-period.44/

Iiell

Mummer
Hello Enah, I have question. I'd like to start building my first house on the server for my Probation and I currently can't build anywhere. Is there anything I have to do for that to work?

Enah

Skinchanger
Well if a mod pops by ask them to promote you. We are supposed to have an auto promotion but asfaik it’s never worked