Completed House Mertyns of Mistwood

Adorkabley

Royal Messenger
Pronouns
she/her
Im not one for fancy applications or anything but I have been building/testing for the knights tower/lodge.

thats my imgur album for it from all angles. I just need to do the gradient and furnish the inside/outside and work on the gate entrance. The warp for my plot is /warp adork

SerLoras

Playwright
Looks good Dork.

I made a few adjustments to the construction and add some stuff to the exterior in game. Feel free to play around with it some more.

This is approved by me, and Enah gave the go ahead to paste it in at /warp mistvassal, so you can start working in the main world if you like.

Reactions: Enah

jmcmarq

Envoy
Hi, this is my app for the cave of mistwood, after reading the canon, here I upload the map, the canon places are appointed with yellow.

Attachments

• Mistwoodcaves.jpg
    Mistwoodcaves.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 13

SerLoras

Playwright
Hey JMC. This looks awesome!

Like we talked about in game, I think it may be best to cut back a little bit on the caves that extend southward past the edge of the forest, into the "rolling hills". Additionally, keep in mind that the terra to the north my change some still.

The test looks really great and cavey, but I am hesitant about the Ocean Terrain Rocks. The color seems to clash a bit too much with Stormlands stuff. Have you tried something a little browner like Eastern Islands?

I really love the idea of a large interconnected cave system that links together all the various cave entrances! That is super cool. Though, I would like if we could concentrate the features that are explored in canon a little more towards the cave entrance by the camp. I think we can get away with fudging the scale of things underground, but currently, to get to the deep pool, it seems like in the cave explorers journey basically all the distance to Mistwood and back to their camp in the space of an evening. That seems like a bit too much of a stretch.

You mentioned to me that the openings you have marked are going to be smaller than they currently appear. That seems fine, but I would like to put them in areas that are somewhat isolated from any other major points of interest if possible. I think that is the case already for the most part, though.

All that being said, this is very impressive and I am super excited! I'd like to get some input from @Dartman, and of course from a mod before we get started, but you are approved from me!

jmcmarq

Envoy
The proyect will be built in phases.

The first phase will be the plot of the tunnels above the terrain as a guideline to dig them, despithe sese will be placed even in terraformed areas, these are not going to be digged until the terraform works are finished.

The starting point of the proyect are the canon tunnels, these are going to be digged first and completed with terraforming, before the starting of the other galleries.

As galleries were digged and finished, the plotting located avobe the rainwwod is going to be erased.

Despite some tunnels are going to be relocated or resized, the plan of the tunnels will be maintained as most as possible.

Reactions: SerLoras

SerLoras

Playwright
Given the scale of this update, we are submitting it here for Mod approval before making any changes on map.

Mistwood Update v2.0

- Completely Redesigned Castle!
Mistwood Castle has been completely rebuilt. This version moves away from the log/wood materials and incorporates more stone.
- New Landscaping and Defenses!
The area around Mistwood Castle has been re-terraformed to incorporate more interesting, and less flat terrain that is more in line with canon descriptions of the Rainwood and more easily defensible.​

- Improved Features!
Mistwood Town has its own eastern gate for better access to town, and there is now a postern path connecting the town and castle.
(The new castle design can be found in game at /warp mistcastletest. Also check out the attached screenshots.)

SerLoras

Playwright
Proposal: Mistwood's March to the Sea

We are seeking approval to connect two of our rivers with the ocean.

The Rainwood region has been described as being fairly rich with various streams and small rivers. These rivers need some where to go. Most of the Mistwood lands are land-locked by other projects, making it challenging to connect some streams and rivers with the sea, where they would naturally end.

Here are two maps that chart a path for two of our rivers through neighboring lands so that they can connect to the sea. We have tried to create a wide berth around structures in these other projects. Dark blue is water (or water-placeholders) that currently exist on the map. Light blue is our newly proposed water routes.

The process for extending these rivers would involve clearing a small bit of the current vegetation around the proposed routes and doing minor reterraforming of the landscape to create the river and and the river mouth. We will seek to clear as little vegetation as possible and to preserve as much of the natural landscape as is practical.

We would love to have feedback on the currently proposed routes, and are happy to
make any needed adjustments.

Enah

Skinchanger
hey jmc, i would suggest doing region appropriate caverns, do research on hwo they form in say california or oregon where this rainforest setting is based off

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Could there be an underground section to the river? Maybe not under the whole section of other land but maybe to cut under things that the creation of the river would remove. I've only heard/seen a few underground rivers in a Karst system but they were really fast flowing and had created small sinkholes at different points. Could be also a hard to find area with more carvings made by the Singers of the Earth. Different sections of cave with narrow spaces, underwater passages, water being annoying, low light etc

Enah

Skinchanger
I actually suggested that while back as we have a couple rivers like that where I live. They call it the lost river... spooky ain’t it

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
I‘d love to show you a few pictures I took venturing through caves on Cuba the past days, the setting fits a lot if you ask me. That has to wait a few weeks until I’m back though.

F3427436-7E66-41C4-A51C-31C13CACD5AE.jpeg

For the castle, while I miss some old wood designs, this is ok as well. Maybe have some wood here and there?

I also approve and support the river connection to the ocean. You did a great job so far, thank you for this. As for removing vegetation, you don’t have to work too closely on the southern river, we will remove the trees there anyways, right?

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

Cl0udkid

Bard
Hi.

Me and Jedi tested for /mistham1 Hunting Hamlet today and we would like to apply for it.
We built a full scale plotting test at /warp cloudkid (top level) where you can check it out.

There is a furrier taking care of fur/hide from hunted animals, a butcher that takes care of the meat, hunters and a herbalist. There is also a barn that the villagers use to store supplies such as food and wood but also used to store fur which is up for trade along with other goods obtained through hunting.

For the houses we will use the style of the small houses located at /warp mistwoodtest if that's alright with you.
Here are pictures with the test and the house style we will use. Feel free to visit it at the location mentioned before.

Will wait for feedback. Thank you.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Looks good to me, except the yards/gardens. They are a little too bulky - even in places where they don't follow the terrain, which makes sense. As marked, having one border towards the forest and dividing the area between the houses uses less materials to enclose a larger area.
lrou69M.jpg
I'd also prefer wattle fences/hedges (or a mixture) over stone, as it feels odd to build houses out of wood but go through the trouble of using stone to build garden borders in the middle of a forest.

If you follow this feedback, consider it approved by a Mod :)

Reactions: Cl0udkid

Cl0udkid

Bard
Hey Andy, thank you for the feedback.

You are right, the stone walls were too much for such a hamlet in the middle of the forest while every house is wooden. We decided to go for the hedge/wattle mixture, felt like hedge or wattle alone was too simple while a mixture looks way better. We updated them. Also for the northern yards, we tried to give them the form you suggested as much as we could without making the terrain look too straight and weird. Here are some pictures of the updated build.

Hope that the changes match your expectations, we will be waiting for additional feedback. Thank you.

Reactions: Andy_Jones