Completed House Erenford by Majic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
yes but I have Had this proposed for over 3 months now but have pretty much completed most things- this is why i have thought about doing a new thing as i haven't got any other things to build at the moment and the land extension has already been built on as the village already croses over the river, and it makes sense to complete both sides of the river bank so the village looks more completed :)

so to answer that i have finished the lands in the top left already so ill leave it wazgamer, howy and tsar thanks for checking in on my project tho eld :)

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
have pretty much completed most things- this is why i have thought about doing a new thing as i haven't got any other things to build at the moment
Hum, I may be misunderstanding something but, looking at the map you linked and at the dynmap, 3/4 of the current lands of the project aren't done at all, so you're far from having completed most things.
Why don't you just do the part south of /warp erenford and /warp erenfordcastle, like the hamlets and the mine you planned.
I insist on that, as long as you still have most of your project uncompleted, you should continue what you have to do before expanding it. Hope you'll understand, this is not to reduce your motivation, but to focus on what you currently have to do :)

Reactions: Boliiid and Enah

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
I'd be happy to allow you to extend the lands providing that you begin to plot out your other mini projects. I understand that you've had computer problems and I've not exactly been helpful with editing due to other responsibilities on and off of the server. However this does not stop you from plotting out mini projects, and can actually help with editing and just seeing the progress of the project overall :D

Really though, no real objections as long as you can get some more stuff plotted out. I also realise that Tsar is currently very inactive so you may find other mods such as eld and myself who are not approving mods giving you some feedback.

Enah

Skinchanger
i agree on what eld has said, as i also mentioend it'd be better to finish the already planned areas. i dont want you burning out with a huge land area :)

Reactions: Wazgamer

IMajic

Royal Messenger
so I'm not happy. and haven't been on since eld comments were said...... Majic only builder not an editor

SO as i do not have to much to do, again eld-----let me explain before stomping down your view. I feel that I am thinking or getting rid of this project as now i feel things at the moment aren't moving on and mods are denying me requests which they were fine with me doing before, also with not enough time to actually learn we and having an editor/mod busy has also slowed the project to a near halt. I have also seen these brush comments said on over threads about editing and i feel the other mods have carried on and ignored the fact of this.

thanks for this but it was a sad ending to it guess but bye erenford
(some more things to back up my reasoning) ----

1st - know the project before going to comment on someone's project because i don't think you have seen my project tbh.

2nd look closely what they are doing and asking for, don't presume the lands are empty and don't presume that what they are saying is a lie with you have nothing todo and seen as i did speak to waz about things which i thought maybe would have been clarified but nope nothing.

3rd- did you consider what was going into the large empty space in the centre of my lands a big forest - I'm not an editor so yes elduwin i haven't got much todo, until the forest is mainly done.

so please stop being negative and commenting on most projects such a bad way that the project dies from it, i have wanted to say this since i got the rejected request to finish the village which is already in the extension lands which if you actually saw my lands and visited the project and not blindly commented and rejected, i had only done the request more for waz sake for my project. so i could continue things on

here is a better detailed image of the extension on an actual site map so can actually see the sise of the extension alongside the warps and other lands.
5EMlZ5a.png

so here it is..... i don't think i want todo this project anymore now
BYE ERENFORD

so thanks to Wheremydragons, Wazgamer, Howy and tsar, enah for all your great comments and feedback and input. may not come back ty

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Yeah as you seen was active today :)

I have been speaking to waz today animist of you know i wouldn't like to abandon my project :p yeah so waz said i could continue :) showed him some plans to continue towards the south west of the lands so have been planning that all out today (can see on the dynmap at erenfordham1 <--- or warp there

sad to see tsar step down :( ....... as I have only HOWY as an approving MODlol
so Waz should be my other APPROVING mod (thats settled) as he has been my editer for my project and knows it well :p

cool thank you guys :)

IMajic

Royal Messenger
so a new update on Erenford, a lot has been planned and have nearly completed the left side of my lands and plotted out erenfordham1 which has gone well. (well I think it has, could use some feedback lol)

have a few maps, as you know I Like using them :p

Roads layout, some of the roads around erenfordham1 are done now.
tQhF5iy.png

Farm map - open to feedback
I have pretty much planned out the entire fields across my lands the darkened fields are going to re-plotted because i don't like the sides of the fields and its next to a (future stream) lol so not sure there, but as you see in the image belowI have arranged the fields along the closest source of water if its need irrigation because of the weather. the amount of pastures had to have a sufficient amount of fields donated to them so thought that would be the right amount most field types are by numbers of two's (twos) or fours (I hate you english language it doesn't work but does, but its acting like an adjective grr, lol sorry) ^I know that looks petty bad hah.
dRQoNeX.jpg

cool thanks
majic

also i separated the rye to be used in a separate windmill i don't know if they would do that :? but thought might aswell as there's three windmills in the hamlet

IMajic

Royal Messenger
@oOIOoMajic This is getting close to complete! You still need editing help?
hey waz, yeah i will post an update after the eastern forest is done i may need your help on some things tho :) like the main river (redsand block area) lol also some advise for the look of the pastures, as I'm not 100% on what they should look like in this area

Last edited:
Reactions: Wazgamer

IMajic

Royal Messenger
ok heres my post, Erenford is nearing completion a lot/ actually most things are done now !!

Stuff completed since my last post in march :-

-Hf1 - shells- finalised and added abit more of the area around it, also an area for growing food next to the stream.

-hf2 - after haigh was nuked i thought that a holdfast would work to defend erenfordham1,on the green fork. and haigh has a lot of land i saw on the old app on the old forums it was cannon tobe in the top left of the lands so thats why the forest sorta swings around it.

-decided not to have an abandoned hunting camp
- both camps completed
- entire forest is done from grey to keath completed
9KeDiCr.jpg
- stream/river is completed ish
- mine/quarry is mainly finished (I want togo over)
- riverbanks/roadsides completed
- farmsted 2 and farmsted 3 competed
- all the hamlets are completed
- all plots completed and approved/2nd approvals todo and remove the sign

- included a ruin (where ammika is on forest map, xD) that was once a petty kingdom lords keep before AC and erenford have there lands now which is why they have there lands expanded east from there castle :? maybe but theres only most of the foundation left of the ruin

stuff todo

=Pastures=
17 pastures
3 paddocks
final riverbank bit around the pasture

=fields=
PXhRnyI.jpg

=building bits=
castle ints on 3 lvls

=ecology=
plants completed / animals not completed
test is above the forest in the north anyone can help
build cute animal homes in the forest <3 please anyone :)
LyuAIlE.jpg

final phase
(after all above is done)

go over erenfordham1
go over erenfordham2
go over the 3 farmsteds
go over the village
go over the holdfasts
go over the mine/quarry/mine ham3
go over herbalist
go over the castle
check the forest for wool blocks/floating plants (checked like 50 times on the 12th)

thank you for reading
majic

Last edited:

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hey everyone House Erenford is complete,
I now need todo the wiki page for it so i will work on that tomorrow as I'm quite tired tonight.

Hope everything is is all good and hope you enjoy exploring it :)
I have checked everything countless times so hopefully there is no unwanted blocks lol

thank you for everything with all the help and giving me the chance todo this project
thanks majic

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Glad to see this complete! woo! Onto post-approval.

Post-approval: Okay I'm gonna do this in sections, this post will cover the area surrounding the towerhouse.

Overall seems alright! :D

The Houses:

Didn't notice too much mistakes, however I would say that the jungle/oak mix tends to be very random and non-uniform especially on 2 storey houses I'd change this so that jungle is in patches in areas that would get dampened more often.

Some roofs are unnecessarily messy, this also goes for wooden roofs that seem to have lil holes all over them with the stair block, this is a nice effect, but just needs toned down overall.

With the palette I see a lot of arrowslits,stairs,slabs etc in a different block than the surrounding palette. For example a small stone brick stair above a window surrounded by light grey stone.

I'd also make the walls more uniform and flat, the jagged tops don't really make sense when you consider that a block is effectively a meter. I do my walls at lolliston like this if you need examples.

Lands:

Fields and terrain tends to be nice, well done :D

On the road I'd decrease the mud, this effect was mainly placed by myself for the Kingsroad to designate that it was a busy well used road, as Erenford village isn't a major settlement, and is infact of the road from the Kingsroad I think It'd be logical for you to decrease the mud on this road.

I've left some little melons around the area just as notes.

Reactions: Endymion

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
General:
Overall pretty good! I've meloned all the minor stuff which I believe you have addressed! Just bare in mind that when talking about the walls, palette and the street lights I meloned this applies throughout the project, not just in the main village.

The Keep:
The keep's alright, again I meloned all the minor stuff. However I'm concerned that you over used stone ceilings, this is alright for basement and ground floor but is a bit excessive as you go higher in the tower. Your interior planning could use some work, however It's nothing to raise big questions about it, just try and use space more efficiently and tactfully.

Extra:
The holdfast by the river in the mountains should have the wall towers completely removed, again they're still purely ornamental even without fancy roofs, something that the people of the Riverlands don't appreciate. This should make it more practical, and ready to do it's duty, rather than be fancy.

Alright I think that's it! Seeing the above is addressed I consider this project Post-Approved.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
hey waz thanks :D also ty otty
I've being speaking to you in game with a few things today. so ill address the changes i did to make sure they were covered
- added a bit more hight to the reeds along the river.
- removed the mud by 60%to dirt/gravel on kings road.
- yard walls are now all flattened out.
- changed the stairs/slab blocks on the pallete
-amended the pallets on the houses (mainly wood ones)
- amended all the castle stuff.
- taken away the small corners towers of the mountain holdfast/ also done the same with the river holdfast.
- rebuilt the 2 bridges on the kings road and frey road to be wider.
- farms 2nd storey floors made into packing area/storage,ect
- removed all the street lights lol
- added in that gate that missed
- then finally removed all the melons/glowstone

so thats everything
so I'm just waiting on howy now :?
ahh also i don't know if this works showed some ppl on the server but i think I've done the wiki page i just need to add screenshots of it
https://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Erenford

Last edited: