Abandoned House Doggett - Desmera

Desmera

Poet
First Mini Project
/warp doggett - A holdfast of house Doggett, it should be seat of the second branch of this house. They built some parts when they became lords. But it should be smaller than other castles. You can change terrain if you want. Test on your plot <3

Plans
I saw some mines in the map of the Westerlands in The World of Ice & Fire (in lands of the Doggett). So I think I would build mines there. Wealth comes with mines so I would add small burned ruined town because why would he wanted to burn them? If they weren't rich and proud... A small hamlet of the survivors would be near the town and built of the stones that were left. Upon the town, large burned castle that protected the town, mines and way in the mountains.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Sounds like a cool idea. A really cool one. Balerion's fire would have done some serious damage to the stones themselves so the areas of the town and castle that were cannibalised for new buildings would be where there was less damage. There could even be some heavily burnt areas where molten stone had ran downhill

Reactions: Desmera

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey des, I wouldn't site the randomly plopped mining symbols in the AWOIAF book's map as being, well, credible. Further, you need to start appealing in this thread for big changes to your plans, such as the towns you decided to get.

Desmera

Poet
Hei Enah, when we look at the map so we can see that Payne (principal house of the Westerlands) has a small land, that could mean they became pricipal house because of mines, etc. Banefort has some mines too and it is very close to Doggett. So why can't Doggett have at least one mined mine?

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Ore being exposed on one side of the range (stackspear, banefort) does not mean that Doggett will have any. An cool idea could be the mine entrance reduced to slag by Balerion.
And I didn’t know that Payne were a principal house. I just thought they were a minor house which had a few high positions (Ilyn as the Lannister captain of the guard before tongue cutting.)

Reactions: Garlan_Tyrell
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the wind direction to be east, from wind coming off the ocean (that’s what it looks like from the edge of the image though it’s too zoomed in to see properly. Also, i would not add the fields yet as it’s better for des to do them so they can be properly integrated into the surrounding lands. You guys might use a different style on the fields as well.

Reactions: Zso

Zso

Poet
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the wind direction to be east, from wind coming off the ocean (that’s what it looks like from the edge of the image though it’s too zoomed in to see properly. Also, i would not add the fields yet as it’s better for des to do them so they can be properly integrated into the surrounding lands. You guys might use a different style on the fields as well.

Yeah the wind is coming off the ocean of course, this zoomed pic is a bit deceptive. The ocean is north of the location.

If Des wants to make different fields and arrange them another way, its perfectly fine!
I just planned them because noteblocks said : "farm complex - buildings, windmill and fields" , so I didn't want to avoid them.

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

Desmera

Poet
I am dropping this project. Because of school and lack of time, I don't have the opportunity to work on this project right now. I was hoping I could do more during the summer holidays, but unfortunately I found a part-time job and did a minimum. Right now, I also have no idea how I would make terrain and fill it. During my free time, I will probably work on immersion builds. I hope I will take this project back someday.