Abandoned House Deddings - Rattlez

Rattlez

Messenger
I posted this back before the site change and all, and since I'm officially home from the army training now I will be putting time and effort into finish it off!

I'm old fashioned and prefer to use googledocs for the overview:

This is still in early stages of development!

Update 1:
I have updated and refined both the castle and the house designs. The castle is ready to be built, all that remains is to do so.
I have a pretty good idea as to the layouts of each indevidual hamlet, but due to my laptop having been sold I can only use paint to make plans which sucks, so although my plans may look rough, I have gone trhough the area quite thoroughly.
Things to do list updated!

Things to do:
1. Recive feedback and correct mistakes
2. Completley define the building style of houses
3. get approval
4. Build MOFO!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back rattlez,

-When you say your map is outdated, what has changed? Can you provide an updated one? Also concerning farmlands, I think it would be best to have the farmland concentrated in one larger area instead of a bunch of smaller chunks that are spread out. IMO in between the castle and hamlets 1 and 2, in the mitten shape, is where all the fields should be. This area is flat and encircled by roads so the peasants would have easy access to the fields.

-You say you want multiple butchers in the town, but a town of 15 houses would only be able to support one. Also, slaughtering and tanning are messy and stinky jobs. People would not want to live right next door to one of them. If you were planning lots of animals it would make sense to have the butchers more spread out throughout the lands. Perhaps you could do a standalone slaughterhouse complex?

-Please include images of your house and castle tests in the app document.

Good to see you back!
-Duck

Rattlez

Messenger
Hey Duck thanks for the Reply!

- First off, Images have been added.

- Secondly, as with regards to the outdated map, the basic layout that it portrays is still in effect, however I am working on a more indepth map of the area, so that'll be added ASAP.

- As to the field locations, I’m not done figuring out exactly how I want the farmland to look… TBH I’ve never been any good at fields and I was hoping some of the Terra guys or Veteran builders could give some advice and ideas.

- As to the butchers in the main village, I think I’ll make it quite a bit larger than 15 houses, although I’ll take this issue on as it comes. I’ll decide when I start the plotting.

- Tanning and smell and all, watch teh video I linked, im gonna split the town in 2 in sort of the same way as the video shows. Although mine is gonna look much better ;)

And thanks again for the comment mate! <3

Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

Tsarkaiser84

Faith Militant
You mention making an up to date map, would like to see that perhaps.
Besides that, I rather like the house tests and the castle is unique. Well done.
With the updated map you mentioned, I can approve.

Reactions: Elduwin

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Hio rattlez! Welcome to the Riverlands community :D Love what you've got so far, especially the mixture of brick and sandstone in the town and keep. I do have some minor problems with the wooden tower hoardings, as they appear rather squashed being only 2 blocks tall. However I currently cannot get onto the server and don't believe the issue is major enough to stop you starting the project. So approved from me :D I'll likely leave melons on them as you build the castle and get your opinion as well to see what can be done.

Rattlez

Messenger
Hio rattlez! Welcome to the Riverlands community :D Love what you've got so far, especially the mixture of brick and sandstone in the town and keep. I do have some minor problems with the wooden tower hoardings, as they appear rather squashed being only 2 blocks tall. However I currently cannot get onto the server and don't believe the issue is major enough to stop you starting the project. So approved from me :D I'll likely leave melons on them as you build the castle and get your opinion as well to see what can be done.

Great, thanks Waz! I might actually drop the hoardings all together, but we can look into it once your WC works again :D

Rattlez

Messenger
I changed the design of Deddings castle (nearest warp is /warp deddings) as seen here:
heJHMuq.png

heJHMuq

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Said this ingame but will say it here as well. What's up with the puddles around the castle? It's standing on a hill and I have yet to see standing water (one with a constant flow of water from the castle wall) on the top of a hill.

Reactions: Wazgamer

Rattlez

Messenger
That was my original plan, but I cant seem to make it look good without the mud and dirt textures becoming too much.

Rattlez

Messenger
Hey Waz!
Everything is fine, I've been in the army for the last 4 months, so I still have 2 to go. Once im done I'll start coming back online! Also I've been having some trouble with the launcher whish is why you havent seen me on in week ends, I'll also fix that once I have the time :p thanks for your concern though xD