Approved House Corne by Kuzlov

Kuzlov

Messenger
looking at that design, I think it could look really good as a fortified hall without the keep/large tower attached. That's just my personal opinion though, cos it is quite big for a landed knight.

But, on that point, there is meant to be a small town aroundabout where warp corne is located, Tumbler's falls. currently there is a warp tumblers falls in the Acorn hall project but its position makes no sense. SPOILERS INCOMING
The armies of Tywin Lannister and Mace Tyrell meet at Tumblers Falls and use the barges the reachmen force brought with them to go down the blackwater towards kingslanding. It would make sense for the town to be on the southern side of the river near Corne as it is near the border of the Reach and Riverlands, probably east of peasedale.

I'm more than happy to make changes to fit the lore thank you for making me aware of it I had no clue about them meeting at Tumblers Fall its been a while since I reread the books however, not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying to move the main village up north more and have it be directly East of Peasedale? Or are you saying there needs to be a town on the other side of the river named Tumblers Falls that would conflict with my village on the Corne side of the river? Yellow X's representing what I mean by other side of the river and the Red X being the current town moved up north.

rfrQccR.png

Kuzlov

Messenger
Updated Plans:
-Removed Septs: Close enough to Peasedale to not make sense them having local ones.
-Moved Castle South and replaced it with some herder/farmers.
-Added moat to castle since it's on the river now. (teal dashed line)

Wu8OBnF.jpg

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
You can have a small sept, especially on the Eastern edge but don’t have a large sept or septry.

With Tumblers falls, you could make Tumblers falls the village you already have planned and don’t move it at all, as it looks large enough to be called a ‘small town’. If there was a ferry service to the other side of the river or, my favourite, an area perfect for launching barges from the southern bank, it could fulfill canon.

However you might need to get a mod to agree to calling it Tumblers falls as the warp and location exist but are in a poor location that does not fulfil canon particularly well.

In regards to the name, it might be possible to put in a small rapid on the stream visible in your image that forms the southern border of peasedale. Or, a small stream flowing from the hills in Corne could flow near the village or be used as a waste removal system like at SS

Reactions: Kuzlov

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Hey I'm so sorry I seem to have totally forgotten about this. I've been very busy irl, but it wasn't cool for me to leave you totally hanging on this either.

I'm not sure if you're still interested in this, but if you are I'm happy to give you my approval. The tests and map look excellent.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Can I confirm that this project now concerns House Corne? If so can the thread title be updated?
Is Tumbler's Falls being absorbed by this project? And if so, what will become of the old Tumbler's Falls?

Kuzlov

Messenger
Yes this is now House Corne I should probably update that. And yes most likely the main village will be new Tumbler's Falls if everyone is okay with that.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Okay that's fine with me, I am reassigning Tumbler's Falls to the lands of House Corne. Old Tumbler's Falls will now be a village within the lands of Acorn Hall of House Smallwood.

Kuzlov, could you possibly also name one of your hamlets Donnelwood? It would help complete the canon locations for that area. I would appreciate if a mod could update these warps in game if they agree to these changes.

Last edited:

Kuzlov

Messenger
Okay that's fine with me, I am reassigning Tumbler's Falls to the lands of House Corne. Old Tumbler's Falls will now be a village within the lands of Acorn Hall of House Smallwood.

Kuzlov, could you possibly also name one of your hamlets Donnelwood? It would help complete the canon locations for that area. I would appreciate if a mod could update these warps in game if they agree to these changes.

I have no issue naming my hamlets whatever you need to fit the canon. I haven't gotten any names for them and it sounds better than just Corneham1,2, etc. And as Corne itself has very little canon it would be nice to have some variety.

Reactions: DutchGuard

Kuzlov

Messenger
Hey, I know it's been a really long time since I've done work but my schedule is slowly settling down as I get adjusted to my military schedule. I want to resume working on this and I noticed quite a lot has changed. Would you like me to update my style to match Goode and the nearby Sept? Or are they similar enough that it's not necessary. I don't want it to get out of date with the current Riverland's style.
Thanks for all the patience these few years and I hope I'll finally have the time to work more consistently.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Heya, I don't think you are going to need to change your style really, since its close to the Stoney Sept style. However, have a look at the new daub blocks, particularly the vertical framed daub, and see if these could work well in your style. Good luck!

• Nice
Reactions: Kuzlov

Kuzlov

Messenger
Heya, I don't think you are going to need to change your style really, since its close to the Stoney Sept style. However, have a look at the new daub blocks, particularly the vertical framed daub, and see if these could work well in your style. Good luck!
Will do they look super exciting and I'm hoping to incorporate them into my build!

Reactions: ItsPabs

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Kuzlov, looks like it's been a while since any work has been done to Corne. I think the work you have done so far is great and could benefit from a foster. Is this something you might allow? If no reply is made to this post within a year it will automatically be marked as abandoned.

Kuzlov

Messenger
Hey Kuzlov, looks like it's been a while since any work has been done to Corne. I think the work you have done so far is great and could benefit from a foster. Is this something you might allow? If no reply is made to this post within a year it will automatically be marked as abandoned.
Hello! I just got back last Friday - the Army ended up sending me to Europe for a deployment because of the whole Russia deal and I unfortunately haven't really had internet access the better part of two years now.
I would still like to work on this project however, if people are interested I would appreciate the help and am willing to open up hamlets and whatnot for people to work on. Please let me know if that works for everyone here it's been a while and I haven't caught up on any rule changes or project guideline changes.
Truly, sorry for all the delays but the last two and a half years of my life have been an absolute hectic adventure and this if the first time in a long time that I'll actually be staying in one place for longer than three months, I appreciate the incredible amount of patience you and the rest of the community have had in the meantime and I hope that I can start back working on this in the upcoming months.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hello! I just got back last Friday - the Army ended up sending me to Europe for a deployment because of the whole Russia deal and I unfortunately haven't really had internet access the better part of two years now.
I would still like to work on this project however, if people are interested I would appreciate the help and am willing to open up hamlets and whatnot for people to work on. Please let me know if that works for everyone here it's been a while and I haven't caught up on any rule changes or project guideline changes.
Truly, sorry for all the delays but the last two and a half years of my life have been an absolute hectic adventure and this if the first time in a long time that I'll actually be staying in one place for longer than three months, I appreciate the incredible amount of patience you and the rest of the community have had in the meantime and I hope that I can start back working on this in the upcoming months.
Welcome back! Glad you are safe and home. Take as much time as you need, I make these posts occasionally to see if the project leader is still interested. No rush at all.

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.jpg

Reactions: Guillaaard