Approved House Bar Emmon - by Rexstop

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Lovely app Rex! Cannot wait to see where this goes! Two notes for you, because I'm silly like that, the east coast of the hook would be a high-energy coastline, so the beaches would be rocky, and quite small, as the rate of sediment deposition is lower than the rate of erosion. On the western beaches, however, wave action is significantly lower, and so sandier wider beaches would form there. However, on the western coast, there is no onshore wind, so I'd argue that sand dunes would not fit there either. Wide expansive sandy beaches should be fine though.

Second point, I'd put more fortified structures on the eastern coast seeing as there's a threat of Essosi pirates and Stormland smugglers from that side, as opposed to on the east. There's also a pretty large holdfast on the western coast of Stonedance, which would probably be the port of call for anything on that side. You don't necessarily need to get rid of the fortification on the western coast, maybe just downsize it, as it would probably not see too much action, and would just be a precaution.

Best of luck, you got this!

- Jakey

Rexstop15

Printmaker
Lovely app Rex! Cannot wait to see where this goes! Two notes for you, because I'm silly like that, the east coast of the hook would be a high-energy coastline, so the beaches would be rocky, and quite small, as the rate of sediment deposition is lower than the rate of erosion. On the western beaches, however, wave action is significantly lower, and so sandier wider beaches would form there. However, on the western coast, there is no onshore wind, so I'd argue that sand dunes would not fit there either. Wide expansive sandy beaches should be fine though.

Second point, I'd put more fortified structures on the eastern coast seeing as there's a threat of Essosi pirates and Stormland smugglers from that side, as opposed to on the east. There's also a pretty large holdfast on the western coast of Stonedance, which would probably be the port of call for anything on that side. You don't necessarily need to get rid of the fortification on the western coast, maybe just downsize it, as it would probably not see too much action, and would just be a precaution.

Best of luck, you got this!

- Jakey
You are right, I've been thinking about that too but finally ended up going with them, I think it was aek or ant who also told me they would not fit either. I will make the eastern coast more "harsh" and rocky then, it makes sense. Adding several beaches for Essosi armies to land (aka. the Golden Company during the 4th Blackfyre rebelion) and more cliffs sounds good to me. About the second point, I agree as well. The western coast of the hook is kind of heavily fortified in Stonedance, especially with the holdfast. In order to not to make Sharp Point too fortified on that side too, I will move the little fortification marked on the map from Hamlet 3 to Hamlet 2, and add a few more towers along the coast.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
We've talked before and I'm quite happy with the app and how Stonedance ended up looking, I'm really excited to see you going foward with the Massey's Hook. As long as you take into account Jake's feedback, which I find pretty appropiate, consider this app approved! Have fun!

Side note, but your town inspos look a lot like my dad's side of the family town, Luarca/Ḷḷuarca hahahaha
Luarca-vista-general.jpg20140419 Luarca 022.jpgz54-1886260.jpgAsí se ve Luarca desde el cielo.pngLuarca_(3882186004).jpg20288be2e3ed86dda7240915322e235a.jpgPuenteBesosLuarca.jpg

Rexstop15

Printmaker
We've talked before and I'm quite happy with the app and how Stonedance ended up looking, I'm really excited to see you going foward with the Massey's Hook. As long as you take into account Jake's feedback, which I find pretty appropiate, consider this app approved! Have fun!

Side note, but your town inspos look a lot like my dad's side of the family town, Luarca/Ḷḷuarca hahahaha
dang, that's inspo as well. Thanks azu!!