Homiesucc

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
Homiesucc

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Russia

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I apologise for any bad english. It is not my native language. My favourite thing about ASoIaF is probably the depth of the world combined with the medieval setting. I really enjoy the characters too, like "Tyrion Lannister" and the wall.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Winterfell. I really like giant castles like that.

Why do you want to join our server?
I want to build. I have participated in various other minecraft projects, mostly in russian however.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/ZwUzl9W

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Reactions: ContraBlonde

Homiesucc

Mummer
Got bored and made a duskendale styled house. Bookshelfs will be covered by walls for adjacent house.
The targaeryan symbol is something I wanted to include. In the first book, Viserys and Illyrio often talk about people in westeros creating secret targaeryan banners as they wait for their true king to return. I wanted to include that maybe some mad person actually *was* doing that.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Hi Homie!

Lovely application house and apologies for the late reply – It seems like a busy week for a lot of the team this past week.

Your house is a lovely example of a small rural cottage, and your use of materials is spot on. My only advice would be to make sure your timber pattern is a little more interesting. Using cross and diagonal timbering on even one layer would greatly add to the aesthetics and add a tad more believability to the strength of the structure.

Great job with adding rafters to your roof and showing the odd bit of wear and tear in the exposed wood beneath.

Let's kick off with your first challenge build. Can you please build a low-class chandler (candlemaker)'s house in the style of /warp woodwright.
Look for inspiration in the houses on the main road through the town. Once you've built your house in single-player, please post the screenshots here.

Good luck!

Homiesucc

Mummer
Hi Homie!

Lovely application house and apologies for the late reply – It seems like a busy week for a lot of the team this past week.

Your house is a lovely example of a small rural cottage, and your use of materials is spot on. My only advice would be to make sure your timber pattern is a little more interesting. Using cross and diagonal timbering on even one layer would greatly add to the aesthetics and add a tad more believability to the strength of the structure.

Great job with adding rafters to your roof and showing the odd bit of wear and tear in the exposed wood beneath.

Let's kick off with your first challenge build. Can you please build a low-class chandler (candlemaker)'s house in the style of /warp woodwright.
Look for inspiration in the houses on the main road through the town. Once you've built your house in single-player, please post the screenshots here.

Good luck!

Reactions: Flip90

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Hey Homie! Very nice and speedy build. :)

Here's a bit of feedback:

- With your stone palette, be careful not to put light stone too close to brickwork; the palette is designed to show weathering and a gradual fade through tones is best. You've already got the main palette down, but you're missing the small reach brick between the larger bricks and the light tone blocks.

- Try not to mount shop signs from the roof. This was actually done in the medieval period, but it's tricky to pull off in Minecraft. It's better off the front of the building or hanging from the roof overhang.

- With your stone windows, try not to use arrow slits as they're very narrow. This may be a bit confusing as these blocks are called "windows" but if you search for "arrow slit" you'll find windows similar to the oak timber window you have at the top of the house.

- With the wooden level of your house, try not to make the mix of oak vertical wood / jungle vertical wood appear too checkerboardy. The weathering looks good, but just keep an eye on that.

- Inside, your house, the rafters should span the shortest distance between two walls, rather than the length of the whole building.

- With a house of this size, try separating the front of the ground floor as a workroom, with the back as a private kitchen area. You could divide up the space with oak half-doors or with the staircase to the upper floor. A slate-roofed house of this size and class should have stairs to the upper floor rather than a ladder.

- Upstairs, think about splitting the space between a seating area and a bedroom. Try not to mix the type of beds either.

- Your rafters are great but make sure that the rafter blocks at the top of the roof appear to connect to the stair blocks in some way. At the moment, your wooden blocks at the top are a bit too far away from the other rafters to look supportive.

Super first go at a challenge build!
For your next challenge. Please build a low-class spicer's house in the style of The Tor (/warp thetor)

Good luck!

Reactions: Homiesucc