[Help Wanted] Launcher Images (pls)

Dan_Prime

Emissary
Hey guys, I could use your help.

Currently the installer for the new launcher is using the default sidebar image. This image isn't bad, but it could use a more personal touch.

63b547c87542b3b953e21bdc277fe2fc.png

Here's an example of a more personalized image from another app.

36564871-c7944246-17ec-11e8-9adc-bf8485bd6763.png

What's Needed

I basically need a custom sidebar image. Anything can go on it, it's really up to you. Make as many as you want and we can pick the best one.

The image must be 164 x 314. The format should be .bmp.

Thanks!

Dan_Prime

Emissary
I still need the above image, but I'm in need of help again.

I've been trying to make the avatar image on the launcher not look stupid for a while. If we use just a minecraft face we get something that looks like this.

2641fc914f6cbedd1b76600ef15d0fd4.jpg

Looks gross. So what can we do?

What if we have some sort of template image (could be a design, a banner, or something game of thrones related), and then superimpose the skin ontop of it?

febb750aeec9a6acf131400732871442.jpg

In the above image, the template image would be visible in the circle where there is currently just grey.

I'm hoping that some of you guys can propose some ideas. I need this done before the launcher can be released.

Thanks!

qBBQ

Street Preacher
I like the circle with the smaller face and semi-transparent grey background.

Dan_Prime

Emissary
Great discussion guys, keep it coming! I'll keep all this in mind as we complete the last few features this month. Currently away, but I will be back next week.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Can't we have the avatar image portray our westeroscraft.com avatar? Honestly don't have a clue of it's even possible since you'd have to link your website account to the launcher.

Dan_Prime

Emissary
Yea that is the issue. You would need to manually add your website account, something which would serve no other purpose. The accounts aren't even added by site account so it could be misleading.

Reactions: EStoop