Abandoned Foster Project: House Estermont of Green Stone

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
A project originally by Reygame who left the project unfinished to an extent, and who has now been absent from the server from the long time, we intend to fix it up and give it a facelift! This will be our 2nd foster project, and I believe it will take a lot less time as we're more just smoothing things out than having to implement entirely new features in some areas as seen with Cressey.

Click Here

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Please take the time to improve the terraforming and foliage as well! I know it's supposed to be a lush island, but the "dump leaf blocks everywhere" approach in the town and castle looks kind of messy. Maybe take a look at some of those smaller islands around New Zealand as inspiration for the terraforming.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Until Waz is ready to make a full return and is willing to work with me to complete the project we started together; I do not feel comfortable to continue working on it any further without his insight with me. I have a guilty feeling every time I attempt to continue working on the project as there were aspects I know he wanted a hand in.

Therefore, Estermont will be put on a Hiatus status. I'll patiently wait till his time frees up to complete Greenstone.

Seems silly knowing how fosters work to semi-abandon a foster. But at the moment, I really don't feel comfortable working there without my co-op's full consent of my choices in its progress. But it is super close to being done and if we were to pick it back up it could be done in 7-10 hours.

In that case, I guess it allows others fosters to be worked upon.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey @otty hi me agiain. I saw on another thread that Greenstone was now complete. Can you confirm?

If so, can you pretty please with TWO cherries on top write a wiki article for the Greenstone page?

AwbMan

Street Preacher
Hi Otty so I would like to apply to redo greenstone but I don't know how I would do that (Ik, embarrassing). Is it still available to redo and if so how would I apply? Thanks!

-Awb

Reactions: Renly_Baratheon_

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
So, I have never done a redo application (those are fairly new) however, we do have a redo appeal process as you've likely seen. First, you have to justify the reasoning for the redo (Tarth redo appeal is a recent one for reference — I would copy the basic outline for that) and then once approved submit a normal project application. You do need to go through the redo clauses and select which one fits. Yours would be "evidence of abandonment," however, you might be able to find more that further encourages your case. Link to the redo rule thread HERE.

If you're talking Fostering then a foster is not a redo. If you're looking to foster my answer is: Don't. Estermont was abandoned before I joined in 2016. Meaning its foundation is so far out of date that updating it would be more of a headache and hassle. I struggled to update it in 2018, not to mention she has terraforming issues.

But by all means, the project is yours. I'm always glad for someone to take interest in it as I would love to see it done — it's a fun project location for sure!

AwbMan

Street Preacher
Alrighty so I realized that I need more experience with terra before I would start something like Greenstone. Because of this, I plan on doing one other project, but afterwards, I will definitely apply for Greenstone. Although it may be some time, I can't wait to see what happens!

-Awb

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Otty and Waz,

I want to apply for a Greenstone redo maybe i can talk to u guys if u ok with that.
Is it Clause c) bc its abandoned od Clause b).

Jeff