Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
Felix2808

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
Germany

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
That it has so many elements from our real history combined into one epic medieval fantasy world. My favourite character is Tywin Lannister, because when I watched the show / read the books I could not wait for him to appear.

What is your favorite build on our server?
White Harbor. Because it never appeared on-screen and the build exactly matched the vision I had of it in my head.

Why do you want to join our server?
Because I love building in Minecraft, especially castles, and it would be nice to combine building with the lore of ASOIAF. I also have quite a lot of experience with WorldPainter / WorldEdit. And I claim to be quite a decent builder.

2023-11-11_18.24.28.png2023-11-11_18.24.36.png2023-11-11_18.24.44.png2023-11-11_18.24.58.png2023-11-11_18.25.09.png2023-11-11_18.25.23.png2023-11-11_18.25.32.png2023-11-11_18.25.42.png2023-11-11_18.26.49.png

Did you follow the application rules?
"You know nothing, Jon Snow"

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Felix! Nice job with the app house! I quite like the addition of some small detailing around it to blend it into the terrain. I see no major issues with the house itself. With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a farmer's house in the style of /warp sdham1, with a yard. You can also check /warp sdham2 or /warp sdham3 for additional inspo, they all follow the same style. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Great job Felix! I have no comments to make, I think you did a great build, good layout and once again nicely integrated with the landscape. For future reference you can use image hosting websites like imgur.com if you ever want to upload more than 10 images per post, as thats the cap at our forums. It is pretty easy to use, just create an album and drop the link here, it will appear embeded on the post. You can look at other builder apps, they are using it too. Having said that, for your next challenge go to /OATown and build a house with a profession and a yard. Good luck and have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Nice work Felix! It is a simple cute house. Don't worry about the terrain, as you said within the context of a city build it makes sense to have it like this. My only comments would be to consider having most if not all of the wine stock stored inside, safer and also protected from the weather. Also I feel that for a wine merchant this house falls a bit short, I would expect them to be at least middle class, so maybe a little bit bigger and some more fancy looking furniture. Other than that nothing else to say!

For your next challenge go to /warp Duskendale and build a high class house with a profession and a yard. You will identify high class buildings by their elaborate exterior, size (generally) and of course their fancy interiors. At Duskendale most high class housing is concentrated at the street leading up to the sept as well as the northern side of the city. Good luck and have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Felix! Good job once again! I have just two minor comments: I would swap the pain daub at the façade of the house with vertical daub, as it has the wooden beams that would support the whole structure. Also keep in mind that having houses at the side would make the yard be long and thin, as wide as the footprint of the house. Duskendale shows this really nicely, I'm sure you have noticed.​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I think it's time for you to get to the next stage. Anything new to learn would be much easier to do ingame, with a more active imput. Consider yourself approved :D!

Next time you get online ask an available moderator (those with red/purple names) to promote you, and before that make sure to read the New Builders' Guide. There you will find useful information regarding your new role as a "probie", as we like to call it, as well as everything you need to know and do during this time, like opening a Probation Thread. Once all that is done your Probation will begin.

Just like I did here with your app, a probation leader will step up and take you as their "probie". They will judge your builds and guide you, giving you feedback, tips and tricks. Think of it as an extension of your Builder Application, but much more engaged, and hopefully even more fruitful! On top of learning more of our ways of building you will also get a good grip on how we manage builds and the community as a whole, as well as engaiging with other members of it, something I encourage you to do. Out of those little interactions you will learn a lot, trust me! Feedback can come from anyone in the server, so be willing to listen to what they have to say, with time you may end up on their spot hehehe.

To start building you can look at the dynamap in our website and toggle the "Open Plot" option, check the forums for the most recent active projects or ask any online members around for open building spots. Also don't forget to ask any moderator online for a plot of your own at the Test World (aka Testeros), where you will be able to practise your builds.

Congrats and welcome to the team!​

Reactions: Die Wursttheke