Dark Theme bug hunt!

Shymon

Lord Lannister
big_bug_hunt_t.jpg
Hello everyone!
The forums are getting the Dark Theme and with new improvements come some nasty bugs, therefore we kindly ask you to report any weird things with the User Interface to this thread. As a reward, you'll have a good feeling about helping us improve our brand new Dark Theme.
Mobile testing is also needed, help if you can!

You can turn on the Dark Theme by scrolling to the bottom and clicking the theme switcher button located on the left side.

Last edited:

Shymon

Lord Lannister
Known issues so far:
  • The WesterosCraft logo is missing (Marge probably abducted it and holds it hostage...)
    • The WesterosCraft logo is a bit smaller than its white theme counterpart.
  • Some buttons have a dark text
    • When you click your name in the top right corner, the text of the unselected button is still black, and the line under the text indicating selection is black too.
  • Maester chains don't display correctly
  • Ranks aren't properly displaying in posts
  • Some tabs are missing the WesterosCraft icon (like the tab for this thread) (it got fixed. probably caching?)

Bug addressing system
you put these labels at the beginning of your post, so we can keep track of what is fixed more efficiently.

[Unfixed] – means all the bugs in said post are not fixed.
[Partially-fixed] – means some of the bugs in said post are fixed.
[Fixed] – means all of the bugs in said post are fixed

Strikethrough means that this specific bug has been fixed.

Last edited:

Shymon

Lord Lannister
I think it's just a matter of linking assets, but it would be great if the Dark Theme had an exclusive logo with the red square W. :D

Shymon

Lord Lannister
[Fixed]
I got some mobile issues:
there is a default icon from the forum software in the dark theme, it should be removed. Also the maester chains are missing in the dark theme. [more issues below]

IMG_1289.pngIMG_1288.png

The color indicating selection of a category is wrong, possibly would be good if it was changed to red of the desktop selection color? (the RGB values are 190 20 31)
IMG_1287.jpeg

Last edited:

Shymon

Lord Lannister
[Unfixed]
When you are in settings, the selected settings category is black, but it should be white, or maybe off-white, #ffffff white might be too much, try using one of the off-white colors that are already specified in the style sheet.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 08.16.13.png

Last edited:
Reactions: geeberry

Shymon

Lord Lannister
[Discarded]
I might have not tested enough, and my proposed green color for builder's names is bad because on lighter shades of gray, it's unreadable.
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 08.47.03.png

I have a new color, that should be visible on both shades of gray.
The RGB values for this one is 18 105 27
green.png

Last edited:

Shymon

Lord Lannister
only thing left should be the missing chains, still hunting where that shit is set at
I don't know why, but some issues are still not fixed, even though they shoul be...
The builder name color is too dark, please change it to the one I've specified above, it has a hex code #12691B and RGB code 18 105 27.
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.25.55.png <----- too dark

The selected settings category is still black on desktop, even though on mobile it is correct.
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.22.02.png IMG_1296.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SseriousBusiness

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know why, but some issues are still not fixed, even though they shoul be...
The builder name color is too dark, please change it to the one I've specified above, it has a hex code #12691B and RGB code 18 105 27.
View attachment 7100 <----- too dark

This seems like a difficult problem to solve. The user group colors are defined independent of the style properties options, and I can't find a way to set them dependent on what theme is being used. I would just say make the user info block (background) a lighter or darker colour which is something I can set independently.

Shymon

Lord Lannister
This seems like a difficult problem to solve. The user group colors are defined independent of the style properties options, and I can't find a way to set them dependent on what theme is being used. I would just say make the user info block (background) a lighter or darker colour which is something I can set independently.
IIRC Geeberry found a way to set them independently... but I can try to find a different color, may I get the admin access again?