Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
DaeronTheDarling

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Czechia

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I guess the worldbuilding. I still cannot believe all this came from one persons mind. Then the complex characters and occasional Lovecraftian themes.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I especially like White Harbor for its lovely white buildings and the Northern Dornish coast for its nature and atmosphere. Sometimes it felt like I am in Southern Spain on a vacation XD. I also have fond memories of Bear Island (even though it is very old) bc it was DutchGuards video on it that introduced me to this server and also first build I visited.

Why do you want to join our server?
I love Westeroscraft and want to help. From the first time I logged into this server, I was amazed by its size and reality. I would like to take an active part in it and meet some new people in the process.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/TmHtgc2

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Daeron,

Thanks for completing this application and great to see you've seen some of our YouTube content.

Nice work with replicating the application house, as I hope you can tell we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into our houses. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread (an easy way to do it is upload them imgur.com and share the link). Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Reactions: DaeronTheDaring

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
Hey CashBanks,

Thank you for the first challenge. I have one question. How do you stop the vines from growing? Do you use string like in Vanilla Minecraft?

Looking forward to your feedback. :)
The server prevents blocks from changing naturally since it would mess with a lot of stuff, for example fire doesnt spread, tnt doesnt explode, crops dont grow, etc

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Daeron, great work with this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style and I like the attention to the small details like adding the half door to the end of the workbench.

My only small note would be about the shape of the yard walls, we try to keep the brick walls fairly straight/square (avoiding "bubble yards").

Otherwise all the crops, chicken coop etc look really nice.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you go with too.

Thanks again and good luck.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Daeron, sorry for the delay, I must've missed your first post with the White Harbor house.

You've definitely captured the overall look and feel of the city and identified the blocks we used to built it.

I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide

The next step is to make a probation thread in the Probation Forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

You can also toggle open plot markers on the dynmap mc.westeroscraft.com

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entry point into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL you may need to be patient while they find the time to respond to you. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't contacted you within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond.

I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

I'd suggest you also start thinking about what projects you might like to work on, we encourage new builders to first work on "mini-projects" which are small one off areas of other projects, e.g. a hamlet, mill, quarry, and flagged as open for mini-apps by the project leader. Once you've done a few of these you'll be able to apply for a full project.

Make sure to stay in touch and let us know if you're losing interest, not finding enough work to do, or if there's any issues with the probation.

See you in Westeros!