CartoonLooney1

Bard
What is your Minecraft username?
CartoonLooney

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I enjoy the tales of Dunk and Egg more than the main series, but regardless, anytime I read anything from ASOIAF I get lost in imagination picturing how the world looks from the words I'm reading. Favourite character is Tywin Lannister. Man is goat could've been the hero for the kingdom. He's papa. Oh and watched the show every time a new episode came out. BTW the way they ended the HBO series was PERFECT and MAKES SENSE.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Reach:
Favourite tiny project is Sloane by Larshipping in the Reach. I always loved Lars building style and in my opinion he and (forgot who he built it with) perfectly encases what it means to me a minor house in Westeros.
Favourite Reach castle is Bandallon
Favourite Reach project is Honeyholt
Honorable Mention: Hammerhal, lol sorry

Vale:
Wickenden is my favourite Vale build. Honestly thought Emot was a god when he was terraforming and laying out Wickenden. And seeing his vision convinced me that's how the Vale should be.
Honorable Mention: Redfort, Old Anchor (the new one Enah is leading)

Westerlands:
Only Lannisport and Castlerly Rock, for personal reasons. Spent wayyy too many hours helping there

The Riverlands:
Vypren, whole project is beautiful.
Anything that SMP touched bless that man and his building skills.

The Crownlands:
No.

The Stormlands:
No. Never Again. Pretty and cool though.

The North:
Everything south west of Winterfell. Reminds me of New England in the fall and winter and that's my favourite season. My favourite project was a logging settlement I did in the North, Stumpfield, just cause the landscape is beautiful, the project might be below snuff in today's standards though.

Iron Islands:
No.

Dorne:
Yes. I like the beach.

Why do you want to join our server?
Build for fun, reconnect with past relationships, build some cool homes, maybe castle, plant some grass as well! As for skills I was a builder since 2013/14, besides that I don't really know I'm not good at selling myself, I'm a person not a product.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/TCTtlvx

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Cart,

Glad to see you applying for builder again! :D

Nicely done with the apphouse; I'm not really seeing any issues there. Hopefully it was helpful for getting you acquainted with some of the newer blocks and building techniques. Just a minor note, since I noticed your comment on one of the images - we actually have custom carpet blocks now that you don't need WE to place.

I'll give you a couple challenge builds, just since building standards have changed a lot since you were last active. For the first one, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp duskendale, with a small yard. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: Batelgause

CartoonLooney1

Bard
Ayo here are my Duskendale builds. I did a street bock, and tried to include all the various styles (there were a lot) I took in walking the streets of DD. Below will be 5 links: Street View, Garden View, House 1, House 2, House 3. Only 3 houses will be featured cause I only did 3 interiors. I wanted to make each interior different to showcase a range of ideas, so if they are not "Duskendale" interiors, it's to show variety of ideas. If that was wrong to do I can edit the interiors to match DD's. Also started to gradient the road but realized I don't hate myself that much to do it all by hand. Lastly for the house links each image will follow with a description to show what you are looking at.

Street View: Garden View: House 1: House 2: House 3:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Cart,

Really nice work with this challenge! You really went all out with it. Overall it looks really good, the plotting and yard design especially is well done. The only major feedback I have on it is about the timber frame patterns. You generally want to avoid long horizontal stripes of the "open frame" timber variant, as well as large surfaces of the "plain daub" blocks. It doesn't really look great, and also isn't super realistic since it's not structurally sound. Both of these issues can be seen in the leftmost house here, for instance.

I won't have you do another challenge since that's really the only glaring issue that I noticed, but I'd like for you to revise the timber frame patterns on a few of the houses (take another look at some of the Duskendale houses for ideas) and take a couple more screenshots. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Cart,

Great work, the new timber patterns are much much better! With that, I'll approve you. You'll need to ask an in-game mod to promote you. The standard we've had for returning older builders is that you do an abridged probation period where you just have to build 5 houses and get some feedback on them, rather than the whole month. Just make a thread and indicate that you're a returning builder. Please let me know if you have any questions. Welcome back! :D