AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
~one~
nearest warp: risley
XYZ: -337, 43, 14072

I've left some feedback at the site itself but I'll summarise here.

Main issue is that I can't tell that it is a cobbler. Other than the leather block in the shop front and the sign, I can't see any example of leather working going on at the plot. This could be developed in the yard potentially. The Reach is hot and humid rn so it would make sense for there to potentially be an outdoor workshop. Or part of the ground floor could be cleared to create a workshop space.

Another main issue is the rafters/ceilings. Currently they are quite haphazard and could use a bit of ordering. As a general rule, you make them go through the shortest possible route, though having interior walls and lining them up with the jetty out the front is also something you could do. However, I'd suggest reducing the amount of full blocks used and simplify the rafters. Have more slabs and only a few stairs/beams. Additionally, I'd suggest using more halfdoors as walls and figuring out a way to have the staircase be one continuous segment, rather than two separate staircases. Additionally, find a more uniform approach to the ceiling in the second floor and attic so it all looks good, I've highlighted the best bit of ceiling there with a 'melon'. continuing that style would make the building look far better.

Overall, not bad. Just needs a few minor adjustments and a bit of detail rearrangement. Goodluck with anything else you build

Reactions: blondie_b

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
~two~
nearest warp: hornsvale
XYZ: -4418, 105, 11289

Similar to the first build, I left 'melons' there which detail most things. very basic parts that could be changed or modified to improve quality.

With this one I definitely can see that they make something with cloth. Nice work. What might also be good is to have straw or raw wool/fleece (I use white plaster or brownish white plaster) in storage too, so it can be used as filling.

The rafters are looking nicer but there could be fewer stairs. Also the ceiling on the top floor should mirror the shape of the tiles, not be just plain flat. Also, above the stairwell there should be ceiling, not exposed tile. Overall, nice ints!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
~three~
nearest warp: oldanchortown
XYZ: 7865, 37, 4517

Left some melons here and there's feedback from a few other people. It isn't necessarily obvious that they are a fletcher. Potentially have a small poultry shed in the yard or something similar so you can get feathers? Regardless, there are many other options too.

The ceiling is the biggest issue I think so far, as well as the secondary staircase to the tiny attic. What would make more sense is a ladder, like that in LucasHobbit's neighbouring house. It'd allow enough space to have a proper dining table rather than the small ornamental table next to the staircase presently.

I've suggested a fix for the doorway but can elaborate in game if necessary.

blondie_b

Street Preacher
Left some melons here and there's feedback from a few other people. It isn't necessarily obvious that they are a fletcher. Potentially have a small poultry shed in the yard or something similar so you can get feathers? Regardless, there are many other options too.

The ceiling is the biggest issue I think so far, as well as the secondary staircase to the tiny attic. What would make more sense is a ladder, like that in LucasHobbit's neighbouring house. It'd allow enough space to have a proper dining table rather than the small ornamental table next to the staircase presently.

I've suggested a fix for the doorway but can elaborate in game if necessary.
hey i followed your melons and fixed up the rafters. I'm not sure how to fix the door since it's in an odd position but maybe we can go through that on wc

Reactions: AerioOndos

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Queen, I'm gonna take over your probation! Welcome back to the team.

If you could build 3 houses in distinct styles for me I'll assess them, and confer with the probie team and we'll discuss steps from there.
There's no point making you do the whole month again, seeing as you've nearly completed it before on a few occasions!

Best of luck,

Your new probie leader,
Jake

• Love
Reactions: Aino and blondie_b

blondie_b

Street Preacher
Hey Queen, I'm gonna take over your probation! Welcome back to the team.

If you could build 3 houses in distinct styles for me I'll assess them, and confer with the probie team and we'll discuss steps from there.
There's no point making you do the whole month again, seeing as you've nearly completed it before on a few occasions!

Best of luck,

Your new probie leader,
Jake
love u bestie