Mid Block Change Request: Cash's House Banners

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I'm doing another pass on these banners to get them ready to potentially be added, please let me know if any comments on these pictured:
1710327050764-png.18906

(Stokeworth is also done, just forgot to add it to this summary)

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if this is absolutely needed but I would suggest also adding House Sarsfield. I'm not too sure if this is the case for asoiaf canon but in the server canon it's implied they have been given ownership of the Tarbeck lands, making them a pretty powerful house in the region.

P.s. really love all the old and damaged version of the banners, especially the damaged Targayren and Balckfyre ones, they go hard.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Could be worth discussing if we wanted to neutralise the vanilla banners and remove the doku patterns/shapes on them.
1716980086993.png
Could always leave the current banners as they are in case the designs have been used in certain places with specific intent, and just add these plain versions as an additional alternative.

ZEZEWALK

Messenger
Could be worth discussing if we wanted to neutralise the vanilla banners and remove the doku patterns/shapes on them.
View attachment 19037
Could always leave the current banners as they are in case the designs have been used in certain places with specific intent, and just add these plain versions as an additional alternative.
Yes! Banners are already costly, and embroidering bolts of cloth with a sigil elevates their costs beyond their current use cases on the server. Other than battle standards and noble quarters, bolts of cloth often (mostly?) didn't have a sigil embroidered.

Reactions: Finn01

ContraBlonde

Alchemist
View attachment 19037
Can we change the black and yellow banners to be more monochromatic?

Reactions: ZEZEWALK and Finn01

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I don't know if this is absolutely needed but I would suggest also adding House Sarsfield. I'm not too sure if this is the case for asoiaf canon but in the server canon it's implied they have been given ownership of the Tarbeck lands, making them a pretty powerful house in the region.

P.s. really love all the old and damaged version of the banners, especially the damaged Targayren and Balckfyre ones, they go hard.
Just to clarify: in server canon they've been given partial ownership of the Tarbeck lands, and certain other parts have been divided amongst landed knights loyal to the Lannisters.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
View attachment 19037
I like the idea of adding a set of true generic banners, though I'm wondering if it would be better to remove the motifs entirely, add a generic banner for each wool color, and then possibly allow the shape of the bottom half to be toggled using an additional blockstate (something I'd have to look into).

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I like the idea of adding a set of true generic banners, though I'm wondering if it would be better to remove the motifs entirely, add a generic banner for each wool color, and then possibly allow the shape of the bottom half to be toggled using an additional blockstate (something I'd have to look into).
Yeah that's what I was about to suggest as well, just plain banners matching the wool colors.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Alright I made textures
Very nice!

Here's the plain wool banners
1717064040901.png

I'm torn about Sarsfield, since I'm not sure at what point we're just adding them for completeness' sake, and some completed houses get them while others miss out (e.g. I haven't done all the Northern Mountain clans like Norrey, Burley, Liddle etc).

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Very nice!

Here's the plain wool banners
View attachment 19048

I'm torn about Sarsfield, since I'm not sure at what point we're just adding them for completeness' sake, and some completed houses get them while others miss out (e.g. I haven't done all the Northern Mountain clans like Norrey, Burley, Liddle etc).
I don't think Sarsfield really needs a banner. I'd just like a nice burnt Tarbeck one for the ruined keep.