Block Change Request: Cash's House Banners

Finn01

Envoy
Request: Cash's House Banners

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
Cash made a lot of banners as part of Cash's Custom Creation Cache, which would be helpful to the server.

There are several main houses that do not currently have banners, and there are several WIP projects that would benefit greatly from their addition such as Whent, Florent and Vyrwel.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• banners.png
    banners.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 76

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
3 come to my mind, being Waxley of Wickenden, Coldwater of Coldwater Burn, and Staunton of Rooks Rest. I think the first and third would be nice, Wickenden is a larger project on the server and Rooks Rest is Canon heavy due to Fire and Blood.

I think there are arguments for a few more crownlands banners too, namely Stokeworth and Rosby.

They all look so good Cash!

Edit: Mooton of Maidenpool too hehe

Last edited:

Finn01

Envoy
Cash these are great!

As Uthor suggested, maybe add some other major bannermen such as Brax, Dustin, Locke, etc. I would even give it a shot at making some of them.

Some good ones to have would be Massey, one of the Flints and maybe some other Dornish houses?

Also I have some experience with photoshop so willing to give a hand

edit: the other Vance family would also be good.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
oh yeah got those
View attachment 18714View attachment 18715
The Gardner banner's probably just hanging in a Florent cellar somewhere
Relation to House Gardener is also what legitimises some houses so maybe in the cellar of Crayne, Peake and so one there could be some. Also House Manderly would display them as part of the Order of the Green Hand

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
I would like to add some major houses that i believe should have banners representing them

The North: House Dustin of Barrowton, House Ryswell of the Rills and House Locke of Oldcastle

Riverlands: House Mooton of Maidenpool(this one is a must), House Vance of Atranta(house vance has 2 prominent houses with different banners), House Butterwell, House Chambers and House Charlton

Westerlands: House Farman of Fairisle and House Plumm

Vale of Arryn: House Sunderland of the Three Sisters

Crownlands: House Massey of Stonedance, House Staunton of Rook's Rest, House Stokeworth and House Rosby

Stormlands: House Connington of Griffen's Roost

The Reach: House Merryweather of Longtable, House Peake of Starpike and House Bulwer of Blackcrown

Dorne: House Blackmont of Blackmont and House Uller of Hellholt,

Iron Islands: House Blacktyde of Blacktyde and House Drumm of Old Wyk

I dont really know the process behind making these banners and i'm aware that it might be asking too much from the devolopers. However the houses i mentioned above, at least the ones with the names of their seat are very prominent and rich in history for their regions and westeros so it'd be very nice to
add them to the list.

Last edited:

Tobi

Poet
I would like to add some major houses that i believe should have banners representing them

The North: House Dustin of Barrowton, House Ryswell of the Rills and House Locke of Oldcastle

Riverlands: House Mooton of Maidenpool(this one is a must), House Vance of Atranta(house vance has 2 prominent houses with different banners), House Butterwell, House Chambers and House Charlton

Westerlands: House Farman of Fairisle and House Plumm

Vale of Arryn: House Sunderland of the Three Sisters

Crownlands: House Massey of Stonedance, House Staunton of Rook's Rest, House Stokeworth and House Rosby

Stormlands: House Connington of Griffen's Roost

The Reach: House Merryweather of Longtable, House Peake of Starpike and House Bulwer of Blackcrown

Dorne: House Blackmont of Blackmont and House Uller of Hellholt,

Iron Islands: House Blacktyde of Blacktyde and House Drumm of Old Wyk

I dont really know the process behind making these banners and i'm aware that it might be asking too much from the devolopers. However the houses i mentioned above, at least the ones with the names of their seat are very prominent and rich in history for their regions and westeros so it'd be very nice to
add them to the list.
We are currently working on a spreadsheet for deciding which banner should be added.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Whents and Lothsons both have bats on their banners and yellow in their sigils. Could kinda double them up really.

Reactions: Finn01

Ric

Ser
Staff member
I wouldn't complain about having the Lothson banner (which I like) and could definitely find a place for it somewhere. I would just prefer for it to show some signs of age like the other extinct houses (perhaps not as much tho?)

Reactions: Finn01

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Here's the new master collection.
New additions: Ryswell, Locke, Farman, Plumm, Brax, Waxley, Sunderland, Coldwater, Mooten, Butterwell, Charlton, Blackmont, Uller, Connington, Massey, Merryweather, Peake, Bulwer, Blacktyde, Drumm, Lannister (damaged), Tarbeck (+damaged), Reyne (+damaged), Lothstone (+damaged), Piper (damaged), Bracken (damaged), Blackfyre (+Old)

I've thrown in Contra's excellent colored Faith banner as well.

1710327050764.png

For all the banners, I also went through each one and attempted some improvements/small redesigns. Big one was adjusting the hanging straps so it looks like one continuous bit of fabric. Also reduced the dark outlines. I've changed the straps on the vanilla banners but otherwise left them.
1709356763638.png
My last idea is to try color coding the polls to each Kingdom (like dark grey for the North, birch for the Reach, dark brown Riverlands etc). What colors to use would take some thought.

I'll package all these up at some point so they're available down the road if/when they get the greenlight to be added.

Last edited: