Block Change Request: Cash's House Banners

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I think The Citadel banners should be grey and not yellow in reference to the color they wear (grey rats come to mind)

We should also include some ruined Stark and Tully banners

And perhaps we should consider making the vanilla banners more "plain" and less torn in order to have them more usable for minor houses/landed knight houses

Finn01

Envoy
I think The Citadel banners should be grey and not yellow in reference to the color they wear (grey rats come to mind)

We should also include some ruined Stark and Tully banners

And perhaps we should consider making the vanilla banners more "plain" and less torn in order to have them more usable for minor houses/landed knight houses
Making the vanilla banners plainer would also be helpful for Faith-related buildings. Probably should make them all the same shape too?

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Finn01

Envoy
Here's the new master collection.
New additions: Ryswell, Locke, Farman, Plumm, Brax, Waxley, Sunderland, Coldwater, Mooten, Butterwell, Charlton, Blackmont, Uller, Connington, Massey, Merryweather, Peake, Bulwer, Blacktyde, Drumm, Lannister (damaged), Tarbeck (+damaged), Reyne (+damaged), Lothstone (+damaged).

I've thrown in Contra's excellent colored Faith banner as well.

View attachment 18832

For all the banners, I also went through each one and attempted some improvements/small redesigns. Big one was adjusting the hanging straps so it looks like one continuous bit of fabric. Also reduced the dark outlines. I've changed the straps on the vanilla banners but otherwise left them.
View attachment 18821
My last idea is to try color coding the polls to each Kingdom (like dark grey for the North, birch for the Reach, dark brown Riverlands etc). What colors to use would take some thought.

I'll package all these up at some point so they're available down the road if/when they get the greenlight to be added.
Looks brill Cash.

A minor point from me - the Reyne banner was a red lion rampant on silver, not yellow. Unless the yellowing is just because they're old and musty? Then that would be fine I guess.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Looks brill Cash.

A minor point from me - the Reyne banner was a red lion rampant on silver, not yellow. Unless the yellowing is just because they're old and musty? Then that would be fine I guess.
Hah I think I just invented in my head that they were just an inverted Lannister color swap, have now fixed.
Also added:
- Blackfyre
- Old Blackfyre
- Old Targaryen
- Battle Damaged Stark
- Battle Damaged Tully
- Fire Damaged Tarbeck
- Fire Damaged Hoare

I've ended up drawing a distinction between old banners that were salvaged from battlefields vs those that have just been secretly and relatively safely hanging in the cellars of their vassals (aside from Reyne which is wet and rotting in Castamere). Old Blackfyre/Targ are a mix of both. I could do all three variants for each extinct house but it's probably overkill.

Last edited:

Finn01

Envoy
Hah I think I just invented in my head that they were just an inverted Lannister color swap, have now fixed.
Also added:
- Blackfyre
- Old Blackfyre
- Old Targaryen
- Battle Damaged Stark
- Battle Damaged Tully
- Fire Damaged Tarbeck
- Fire Damaged Hoare

I've ended up drawing a distinction between old banners that were salvaged from battlefields vs those that have just been secretly and relatively safely hanging in the cellars of their vassals (aside from Reyne which is wet and rotting in Castamere). Old Blackfyre/Targ are a mix of both. I could do all three variants for each extinct house but it's probably overkill.
Can I be a pain again, if you're doing fire damaged variants?

Bracken and Piper could have them as we know they've all been sacked at this point in the server's timeline.

Finn01

Envoy
do the BWB even exist yet?
1355331549061.jpg