Bloodmage
Staff member
What is your Minecraft username?
AzulejoDeColores

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
Asturias, Spain

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I never been a fan of fantasy anything, specially high fantasy. But GoT (which is what I know, I saw all the seasons yet I still have to read the books. I know some things about book lore outside of the series due to my one research sparked by my liking of the former) was different for me. I like the ASoIaF aproach to magic: something that exists but isn't very well undertood and not that many people belive in. That leaves the politics and house fights the spotligth, and I LOVE IT. I love how deep, twisted, unespected yet logical the plot, stories and characters are (at least were, *cough*). Also I love the deep worldbuilding that GRRM has done and, despite the differences between TV and the books, how it was traslated into the series. It was so refreshing seeing a medieval inspired world so colorful, diverse and different from anything done before.

Honestly I don't know who would be my favourite character. There were so many and I need to give a rewatch to the series to remember the secondaries, but if I have to say one it'd probably be Cersei. I enjoyed every minute of hers on the screen. As for a house, Martell (duh), at least aesthetically, thought I recognize their storyline isn't the best.

What is your favorite build on our server?
There are so many! As a general note I amazed by the landscaping and how everything is integrated together on the map. There are countless views and sights created by the huge world around the buildings. As for projects, I have a softspot for cities and Mediterranean inspired places so, despite been in progress, Oldtown is my favourite right now. Just the tests alone and the planning going on promise a very beautiful city. Of course Highgarden, Duskendale, Fairmarket, King's Landing... are wroth mentioning just for their size and attention to detail.

Why do you want to join our server?
I love History, I love Medieval History, I love building in Minecraft, I love Got, I love everything together.

I don't have experience with WorldEdit or other deep editing tools, but I really like building in Minecraft, specially realistic old stuff. I'm studying History and I'm a fan of it since very young, so I know quite a bit of things and useful inspiration that I'd like to bring here. I always liked Art History and architecture, but also societies and how they shape their world. Also the hours I invested in lurking at Google Earth qualify me as a Master of Geography and Landscaping :p.

I'd say the best thing I can apport to the server is a perspective from Medieval Spain and everything around it. New sources for inspo, manly useful in Dorne and the surroundings, but not only.

2021-08-07_22.50.02.png2021-08-07_22.50.21.png2021-08-07_23.46.12.png2021-08-07_22.50.35.png2021-08-07_22.50.50.png
2021-08-13_19.15.01.png2021-08-13_19.17.24.png
2021-08-13_19.20.37.png2021-08-13_19.18.11.png
2021-08-07_22.54.24.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Azulejo,

Sorry for the delay. Glad to see you finally applying! :D

Nice work with the apphouse! Not really seeing any issues with it. Hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. I'm sure you know the drill already, but for subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp duskendale, with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!

Reactions: Azulejo and Flip90

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Azulejo,

Sorry about the wait - been a bit backlogged this week due to IRL happenings.

Overall very impressive work with these houses, and way to flex by building an entire street! I just have a couple points of nitpicky feedback:

- It's usually best to avoid using wall blocks to represent cracks in stone (unless you have a larger facade and can transition it properly), since it ends up looking messy. For example, on the right in this picture. Stick with more subtle indents using stair blocks.

- You should also avoid having horizontal rows of the timber frame block without the crossbeams (top left in the same picture), as it's not structurally sound and generally looks a bit odd. This CTM will likely be removed in a future update anyways though.

For the next challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
For the next challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!
I'll get on it as soon as I can!

- You should also avoid having horizontal rows of the timber frame block without the crossbeams (top left in the same picture), as it's not structurally sound and generally looks a bit odd. This CTM will likely be removed in a future update anyways though.
Could you attach a pic with that part highlighted? I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly what you mean.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Could you attach a pic with that part highlighted? I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly what you mean.
Sure thing. I'm referring to the bit here:

203afbb877.png

Reactions: Azulejo

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Azulejo,

Again, brilliant work! You've followed the Tor style to a T, and I don't really have any significant feedback to give this time, as everything seems pretty much up to server standards. The only advice I'd give, although it's somewhat a matter of personal taste, is that I'd decrease the use of the metal chains/rods supporting window sills or propping up vertical shutters, as I think it's become a bit of an overused trend.

For the next challenge, please build a small farmstead in the style of /warp beresford - at a minimum it should have a peasant house and barn (or possibly a combined house/barn), some vegetable and herb gardens, and animal pens. I encourage you to do some research into medieval farmsteads for inspiration as well. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
It is historical tho​
Yeah I mean I saw houses that featured that, but maybe is not part of the Duskendale style. To me the window pannels supported the top part, and I tried to represent an arch over the unsupported area to make loads travel to the pillars. Then again I'm not super versed on timberframing, so I don't kown if it makes sense.
InkedciJ3nfU_LI.jpg

Again, brilliant work! You've followed the Tor style to a T, and I don't really have any significant feedback to give this time, as everything seems pretty much up to server standards.​
:D
The only advice I'd give, although it's somewhat a matter of personal taste, is that I'd decrease the use of the metal chains/rods supporting window sills or propping up vertical shutters, as I think it's become a bit of an overused trend.​
I saw that houses that featured that used it in almost all of the windows, but I kind of agree with your point. Noted ;).​

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Azulejo,

Not much feedback to give on this one - again you've gone above and beyond the challenge expectations, even adding some custom terraforming (done with WE I assume?). Everything looks great aesthetically, and well-planned as well. The only minor thing I'd nitpick is that some of the rafters in the thatch houses come across a bit messy; especially when you already have a complex house shape (diagonal), having exposed thatch and rafters alternating every other block can be a bit overwhelming. It might help to space the rafters apart a little more.

Anyways, consider yourself approved!

To get promoted to builder, ask a moderator in-game next time you catch one online. The next step is to read over the New Builder guide, found here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide
And also make yourself a probation thread in the probation forum.

You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build (possibly outdated as people forget to update it sometimes), and also by going to our dynmap and toggling "Open Plot" (if a project lead marked their plots with open plot tags), or otherwise just checking the forums and asking around to see which builds are open. Also, you can ask a mod to set you up with a plot in the Test world where you can practice building.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so, give constructive feedback on your houses for the next month, and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general. As sometimes the probie leaders can be busy IRL, I also highly suggest seeking out feedback from project leaders and other online builders. At the end, you'll be made full builder.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D