Completed Application for House Wells in the north

zanji

Herald
Ok so codd said i should expand the lands.

green: fields
dark blue: village
red: keep
yellow: holdfast (poor, small)
lighter blue: hamlet
purple: lumberjack camp (only inhabited in the summer, in the winter the lumberjacks will go to there homes in the hamlet or the village)
white: ruined holdfast
(not sure about this one - turquoise: bandits camp)

Attachments

• land 2.jpg
    land 2.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: DjTorec

zanji

Herald
OK so i wont be able to play so much until january because of exams. Does this effect my application when im for a month or so not in the Server?
But I'll respond to Messages and tips at this tread anyways.

Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
OK so i wont be able to play so much until january because of exams. Does this effect my application when im for a month or so not in the Server?
But I'll respond to Messages and tips at this tread anyways.

That's no problem at all. Your real life commitments are more important than the server.

--
First off - what's your reasoning to place House Wells where you did?

I like the tests, they all generally live up to expectations. I've seen some of the other stuff you've built and liked your attention to detail and ability to create realistic feeling spaces, so no further comment on the style from my side.

The plans are ok. I miss a bit more attention to detail on that front and would love to see more fletched out plans and a bit more creativity in general. There's a couple interesting natural features (a bog, woods, streams, very nice hills, ...) and I'd like to ask for a few features (both man made and natural ones) that reflect and maybe enhance the already interesting landscape.

I'd also like to see a layout of the keep. I realize there's a picture of a model attached, but I cannot find the model itself on your plot.

zanji

Herald
First of all, thank you for the response.

The plans are ok. I miss a bit more attention to detail on that front and would love to see more fletched out plans and a bit more creativity in general. There's a couple interesting natural features (a bog, woods, streams, very nice hills, ...) and I'd like to ask for a few features (both man made and natural ones) that reflect and maybe enhance the already interesting landscape.

So I see what you mean. I will work on the plans and attach a new one in the next days.

I'd also like to see a layout of the keep. I realize there's a picture of a model attached, but I cannot find the model itself on your plot.

I think I have deleted it one day, dont know why either. But since i had other ideas for the layout anyways, ill make a new one on my plot and leave a message here.

Reactions: Luk and Iwan

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
are there going to be other buildings inside the inner bailey with the keep? it looks to me like there might be space for a stable and a castle smith between the keep and the gates but it would be something to test out.

zanji

Herald
are there going to be other buildings inside the inner bailey with the keep? it looks to me like there might be space for a stable and a castle smith between the keep and the gates but it would be something to test out.

Since i wasnt able to make an exact model for the castle, i wasnt able to build them in the model. I intend to have a smith and a peasentry, so a building that gives the people from the village shelter in case of an attack, and that provides food for poor people while peace times. The stable is the wooden thing with hatch above next the keep, also visible on the model.

Reactions: AerioOndos

zanji

Herald
Ok, so here it is:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layout:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New plans for the surrounding lands, havent marked the fields in this one:

red: keep
blue: village
light blue: hamlet
yellow: holdfast
green: peat farm
pink: lumberjack camp
orange: mill
aquamarine: watchtower
white: ruined holdfast

Looking forward to get feedback.

~zanji

Reactions: Luk

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Would you mind making a to-scale layout in wool for the castle? I have trouble imagining the size/area you plan to cover.