Approved Redo Appeal: Norcross, Brightwater Keep, Hastwyck by Margaery Tyrell

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Hello this is my official redo appeal for the following projects and an added Update appeal for half a project, in order for my Mega Project for the Upper Honeywine

I'll go one by one:

C) Abandoned Build Clause

Brightwater Keep at its current state Brightwater Keep is indeed technically abandoned with several instances of abandoned plots leftover from when it was first built:
2022-11-06_13.52.55.png

B) Inadequate Canon Clause
At the moment we have Brightwater Keep sworn to Stannis Baratheon however per canon

As well Catelyn spied the fox-and-flowers of House Florent, Fossoway apples red and green, Lord Tarly's striding huntsman, oak leaves for Oakheart, cranes for Crane, a cloud of black-and-orange butterflies for the Mullendores. -A Clash of Kings - Catelyn II

. . . even House Florent, your own wife's brothers and uncles, they will make me king. All the chivalry of the south rides with me, and that is the least part of my power. My foot is coming behind, a hundred thousand swords and spears and pikes. And you will destroy me? With what, pray? That paltry rabble I see there huddled under the castle walls? - A Clash of Kings - Catelyn III

Shows that even in the revised timeline of our server, they would have been declared for Renly and the Tyrells by threat of overwhelming force of the Tyrell armies (sans Redwyne).

With these two reasons and the fact that the build of Brightwater Keep is significantly dated I would like to propose Brightwater Keep for a complete redo of all lands and structures.
I am appealing for a Redo of Hastwyck and its attending lands and structures under the basis of outdated styles in terms of terra and structures when compared to neighboring terraforming and structures done in Bandallon as shown in the pictures below.

2022-11-14_22.26.24.png2022-11-14_22.26.38.png2022-11-14_22.27.02.png2022-11-14_22.26.48.png

My intention with Hastwyck is a full redo of the lands in order to facilitate a style that is more in line with neighboring projects and follows modern stylistic standards that will hold up in the long term
C) Abandoned Build Clause

At the moment the entirety of Norcross is an abandoned terraforming project that can be easily taken over and have its hydrological inconsistencies amended and brought up to standard while continuing the terraforming of the Mander Delta that has been left due to Norcross' status as an unfinished build.
2022-11-14_22.33.27.png
This is strictly as a means to redo the river terra of the Honeyholt river from Oldtown to the very sources of the Honeyholt watershed in order to facilitate consistency of quality from the mouth of the river to the source in one fell swoop. I will not be removing structures, or replotting hamlets, only a strict river and field update. This is a general map of the changes in terms of terraforming sans vegetations and structures

FullMapOfClaim - Terrain.PNG

My full plans below:

FullMapOfClaim - Structures.PNG

Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bMbgNjohBxEmIVExxPkz9bnfioXDvaKTKHUMm6FjbD0/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Just to be clear, Norcross does not require prior-approval for application.
What you are asking for is approval for each and all of the following:

Redo
1. Hastwyck, a completed project
2. Brightwater Keep, a completed project (marked as such for its near-completion)

Update
3. West Honeyholt, fields and river.

I suggest we also discuss the in-principle approval of a megabuild comprised of the above, as shown, should the individual appeals be approved.

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
I would also like to bring jMp007 and Wazgamer into the discussion as Hastwyck was a collaboration between them.

Also Tsarkaiser84 for their work on Honeyholt.

All the builders for Brightwater Keep do not appear to be active anymore, but an attempt should be made nonetheless to contact TheDesertFox202, xkrillen43x, and larshping98.
Damn I completely forgot i helped finish Hastwyck. Uh honestly as long as it actually gets completed im okay with it being redone

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Just to be clear, Norcross does not require prior-approval for application.
What you are asking for is approval for each and all of the following:

Redo
1. Hastwyck, a completed project
2. Brightwater Keep, a completed project (marked as such for its near-completion)

Update
3. West Honeyholt, fields and river.

I suggest we also discuss the in-principle approval of a megabuild comprised of the above, as shown, should the individual appeals be approved.
I think that this collection of projects is in line with other megabuilds, such as the Central Westerlands, which was itself a combination of a new project (Tarbeck) and three project redos/updates (Oxcross, Sarsfield, and Hornvale).

I think it also fits with the primary justification of a megabuild (i.e., to "establish stylistic coherence in a broader region" and, specifically in this case, to finish a large continuous section of the map).

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I think that this collection of projects is in line with other megabuilds, such as the Central Westerlands, which was itself a combination of a new project (Tarbeck) and three project redos/updates (Oxcross, Sarsfield, and Hornvale).

I think it also fits with the primary justification of a megabuild (i.e., to "establish stylistic coherence in a broader region" and, specifically in this case, to finish a large continuous section of the map).
I couldn’t verbalize it better myself

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Marge,

Curious as to the workflow for your Mega Project proposal. Will you be doing certain areas in stages? If so, what's your plan or direction?