Completed Ferren (foster) by Finn01_

F

FD001__

Hey guys!

Should be my final post on this (hopefully).

Finished updating the castle; after making small changes and improving the gradient, as well as finishing the interior of the castle. As far as I can see, there are no other changes that are required anywhere else within the boundaries of the project - I consider the update of the town and castle finished.

Would be great if a mod could look over the project, in case there are things that I have missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FD001__

Hey guys!

Should be my final post on this (hopefully).

Finished updating the castle; after making small changes and improving the gradient, as well as finishing the interior of the castle. As far as I can see, there are no other changes that are required anywhere else within the boundaries of the project - I consider the update of the town and castle finished.

Would be great if a mod could look over the project, in case there are things that I have missed?
Bump

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Finn,
Sorry for the delay, I actually took a fly through Ferren earlier in the week. It's really great that you picked up the project as a foster and you've added the last bit of polish to get it to the finish line.

I'm happy with the updates you've made, there might be a few fixes we can make to finesse the terra/grass mix, but we can do those when we're in game next. If Lem confirms it's otherwise all consistent with the Westerlands Megabuild consider it post-approved by me :)

Reactions: FD001__

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
My biggest critique is also the grass mix. Also, there are places where grass is placed very patchily on top of grass blocks, and it looks unintentional.

There's also an under-construction house (I think) close to Deep Den that I left melons on.

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
My biggest critique is also the grass mix. Also, there are places where grass is placed very patchily on top of grass blocks, and it looks unintentional.

There's also an under-construction house (I think) close to Deep Den that I left melons on.
Bumping this feedback, as it's something I also mentioned whilst it was WIP. I'd also suggest changing the roof tiles to be brown as opposed to black in the spirit of cohesiveness across the Westerlands. There are also quite a few plot shapes in the main town that we don't use now (L-shapes in particular). I'd also recommend updating the Inn, which looks quite old in its structure and technique. Additionally, the daub patterns could do with a bit of variation and improvement.

The goldroad also passes through the length of the project. You should use the road markers to differentiate it as a great road, as well as drawing attention to it for our guests. Similarly, the road mix in the town could do with some improvement, as it looks like it has just been WE brushed in, or blocks added ad-hoc. You should probably make sure the gold road is wide enough for large carts and wagons to pass through, as there are a couple spots in the town where it's crowded by market stalls and other roadside details.

There's some really nice pebble layering at some of the river fords, but the southernmost has tall grasses, which would be stamped out due to the business of the road, and frequent use of the ford.

Best of luck!

- Jake

F

FD001__

Bumping this feedback, as it's something I also mentioned whilst it was WIP. I'd also suggest changing the roof tiles to be brown as opposed to black in the spirit of cohesiveness across the Westerlands. There are also quite a few plot shapes in the main town that we don't use now (L-shapes in particular). I'd also recommend updating the Inn, which looks quite old in its structure and technique. Additionally, the daub patterns could do with a bit of variation and improvement.

The goldroad also passes through the length of the project. You should use the road markers to differentiate it as a great road, as well as drawing attention to it for our guests. Similarly, the road mix in the town could do with some improvement, as it looks like it has just been WE brushed in, or blocks added ad-hoc. You should probably make sure the gold road is wide enough for large carts and wagons to pass through, as there are a couple spots in the town where it's crowded by market stalls and other roadside details.

There's some really nice pebble layering at some of the river fords, but the southernmost has tall grasses, which would be stamped out due to the business of the road, and frequent use of the ford.

Best of luck!

- Jake
Made most of these changes - also changing some parts of the forest, as I didn't like them.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Hi Finn,

I'll check the changes as soon as I can. Can you write up a Wiki page for Ferren? I'd love to be able to include it in the new issue of the Rookery, but I can't really do so without text from the Wiki.

F

FD001__

Hi Finn,

I'll check the changes as soon as I can. Can you write up a Wiki page for Ferren? I'd love to be able to include it in the new issue of the Rookery, but I can't really do so without text from the Wiki.
Ah will do!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
The grass is improved in some places, but there are still some very patchy areas on the western side of the project.

Reactions: Finn01