Block Change Request: 3D Coins

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Request: 3D Coins

Request Type: Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
I'd like to replace the flat coins with 3D arrangements which are more interesting imo. I've reused the colors from the old coins.
384cc8021a.jpg

784a35f26b.jpg

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Request: 3D Coins

Request Type:
Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
I'd like to replace the flat coins with 3D arrangements which are more interesting imo. I've reused the colors from the old coins.
384cc8021a.jpg

784a35f26b.jpg

I feel like the current coins looks nicer, just because they're round. The squareness of these doesn't look like coins to me. Would it be possible to make round 3d-objects for that?

ContraBlonde

Bookbinder
Just want to point out that coins aren't necessarily round. There are many examples through the ages of all sorts of shapes. Not sure about the ASoIaF context, though.
If I recall correctly Braavos or one of the other cities uses square coins

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
If I recall correctly Braavos or one of the other cities uses square coins
Indeed Braavos uses square iron coins. More info here. Also this channel is awesome at compilating and explaining lore. I've learned quite a bit form him.

2021-03-24 (4).png
First row from left to rigth: Braavos, Pentos, Lys, Myr, Tyrosh.
Second row from left to right: Volantis (front and back), Norvos, Qohor, Lorath.

Don't know why they chose to depict the Braavosi one circle shaped, canon says otherwise.