YouTube Video Content

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Wear a Captain America skin and somehow sit backwards on a chair.

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, I think this is a great idea! I wouldn't say you need to use shaders unless you really want to. Dutch and I just put together a video that's a bit of a behind the scenes showcase discussing the project application process, and we didn't use shaders. So I'd say that shaders are optional for this type of behind the scenes content.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
@AttackOnMars I'll be uploading the first video of a new series at 8pm gmt tonight. A new builder walk through would fit perfectly in that series. I don't necessarily need to be involved, but what would you think of me interviewing you about the process? I think we could easily incorporate all your points within that format, and I would be happy to collaborate on a rough script for it.

Have a watch of the vid tonight and let me know if you think an interview format might work for your idea and we can crack on with that.

Reactions: lemonbear
The video that’s scheduled to be released today has a Crownlands thumbnail and the content is about Lemon’s westerlands build. I don’t know if it was supposed to be just a random server shaders pic but I’d swap for, if not a shader pic of an area of the project, at least a pic of a westerland area.

On another note I agree with Mars! And maybe this could extend to tutorials on our designs like gradients, tables, how to do kitchens, Necessary stuff for your low class yard, etc.

Reactions: lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Last edited:
what would you think of me interviewing you about the process?

In my mind I think the clearest and most accessible format for such a thing would be for one person to literally use a new MC account to do everything and film it, from signing up with a forum account, to seeing what builds are in-progress and talking to people as a NOBUILD, to actually answering the questionnaire and submitting an application and completing the challenge builds, to being allocated a probation leader and doing probie house posts/incorporating feedback.

It could be a very well-known "secret" (e.g. I was thinking of renaming my partner's account to TestBuilder and using that, and warning everyone/getting permission first) and be demoted straight after. It's a lot of work but I think it would be very helpful. And if it's too long it could be a small series.