[win10][java 1.8.0_161][westeroscraft launcher]

CallmesUen

Mummer
Hey, I've got a problem when I try to launch Minecraft throught the WesterosCraft Launcher, in the Log tab there's writing this:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

My Java version is 1.8.0_161, I just reinstalled this last version after reading the
Troubleshooting Guide (anyway the link in the "The game crashes and I found something about a heap size in the log, what do I do?" section isn't working), I've changed the maximum memory to 3G but it still doesn't work.

I've also tried to launch Minecraft with the WesterosCraft configuration and all the stuff but the game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Enah

Skinchanger
ok, increase the memory in the launcher by clickign the gear icon, it will pop up a new box, and make sure your minimum is set to 2g and max over 3g

CallmesUen

Mummer
I just put 4G max and when I launch MC it says:
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx5G
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
and a Java window pop up:
Error: Could nor create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Enah

Skinchanger
the custom launcher is the one i was talking about... the one that pops up after the targaryen sigil. you can follow our guides to build a manual server access.

CallmesUen

Mummer
There's still the same problem:
The game crashed whilst initializing game

It crash when forge try to load the WesterosCraft blocks everytime at approximately 4314/11658.

I join you the crash report if it could help you...

Attachments

• crash-2018-02-09_13.32.19-client.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Dan_Prime

Emissary
Two things:

Your system needs enough RAM. If you allocate too much or exceed the amount available it won't work.

If you're trying to use the vanilla Minecraft launcher, you still need to allocate enough RAM. Seems you've only allocated 1GB.

Code:
Memory: 396573872 bytes (378 MB) / 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB)

Our modpacks require an absolute minimum of 2GB of RAM, with a recommended of 4GB. If your hardware cannot meet this requirement then it won't work.

How much RAM is on your system? If it's only 4, you'll have difficulty connecting as you can't allocate all of it to one process.

D

Deleted member 760

I had the same problem, do you have a 64bit version of Java?
After I downloaded a 64bit version of Java I was able to launch the game. It read somewhere that 32bit Java doesnt support more then 1gb of RAM to be used, thats the reason it is not able to allocate 2gb of RAM to launch the game.

CallmesUen

Mummer
I just reinstall it 'cause I wasn't sure what version I got, but
unless I'm cheated in the installation, it doesn't work...

CallmesUen

Mummer
Always the same, for the Westeros custom launcher:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap
and the minecraft launcher:
The game crashed whilst initializing game

I don't understand :confused:

D

Deleted member 760

you sure you have 64bit version of Java at moment?

And you have more then 3gb of RAM right?
And do you have a 64bit computer?

Have you tried technic launcher yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

CallmesUen

Mummer
I've 8gb of RAM (3,3gb available), a 64bit computer. I downloaded the offline windows 64bits versionof Java and installed it, to be sure on my two hard disks...

D

Deleted member 760

I've 8gb of RAM (3,3gb available), a 64bit computer. I downloaded the offline windows 64bits versionof Java and installed it, to be sure on my two hard disks...

It is really weird then that it cant allocate 3gb of RAM have you tried technic launcher?