Project Lead(s)
: Jeffjunior77

Build Type: Castle

Warp: /warp lonmouth

Project Application:

Build Status: In Progress

Start Date: Jul 27, 2021

Description

Lonmouth is located in the Dornish Marches and fills a small vale south of Summerhall.
According to semi-canon sources, their house words are "The Choice Is Yours".
Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, a close friend of Ser Laenor Velaryon, was mortally wounded by Ser Criston Cole at the wedding tourney of Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. Laenor named Prince Joffrey Velaryon after his late friend.

Ser Richard Lonmouth was a former squire and close personal friend of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. Lord Robert Baratheon outdrank a member of House Lonmouth, most likely Richard, at the infamous tourney at Harrenhal.

Features

In this small mountain-surrounded vale are several waterfalls that turn into a stream called “Lon”. The easiest exit from the valley is a path that travels into the lands of Stonehelm. This bigger opening of the vale is called the “mouth” because there the stream find it’s way out.
There is only one path through the passage which is defended by a knight and his men. They collect a toll from travellers and defend the vale from any invaders from the south.
The seat of House Lonmouth is Lon Castle. It’s located in the centre of the vale on a small hill. There is also a small mining town next to a high cliff face. There, and in other parts of the valley there are many iron mines which is why their main economic focus is on mining, smelting and smithing.
The vale has a reasonably large population because of its natural walls that defend the people from invaders and bandits. Nearer the stream, farmers grow veggies and crops and let there cattle graze. Most farmers keep sheep and goats though. Apple trees are also grown, as well as a chestnut or two.

Construction

I started the terrain and after one redo we found our new house style which I have used in Lonmouth. The last thing I worked on was the castle which is now completely updated.

Inspiration

As inspiration for the castle I used Cathar castles

A new Eastern European inspired style was developed for the houses, mixed with a stony mountaineer look.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Just some grammar and spelling fixes here and there.

'mostly the farmers have sheep and goats. Also several apple trees grow ...'
'new house style which I used in Lonmouth'
-- also, wasn't the castle mostly finished at the start but you did the finishing touches towards the end?
'As inspiration for the castle I used Cathar castles...'
'For the house style, new Eastern European stormlands styles were mixed with a more mountain(eer?)-like look.'

Reactions: FD001__