White Harbor News & Stats

Discussion in 'Whiteharbor' started by Emotione11, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Previous:

3. September 24, 2018 Update

Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since the last (formal) update, but I think we're due for one. Why? Because, I'm very happy to report, the entire sprawl area within the outer wall is nearly* completely finished. Including finishing house approvals and removing all of those ugly tags.

There are currently plots open (well, actually they're already almost gone :eek:) in the outer harbor area, at /warp WHSprawl, and there are also a few more near the whaling complex at /warp WHSprawl2. The next phase of sprawl will be plotting the inner harbor, which is thankfully not super large and shouldn't take nearly as long as KL Docks. However, while I have some general ideas, I'm still looking for inspiration for particular layouts. Replanning the existing docks in the inner harbor still isn't off the table also. So, if you have any ideas or tests, please feel free to send them my way!

* While I did say the sprawl inside the outer wall is nearly completely finished, there are just two things left: the ship construction area, and the salt boiling area. Both of these are mini-projects which builders can apply for, so if you're interested, please take a look at this thread!!

For an overview of all of the mini-projects left at White Harbor, this post gives a brief overview of what still needs doing before we can finally call White Harbor complete.

---------------

In other news: we're currently at a total of 861 contributions - nearly double the number of contributions last time this was reported. Current completion is 98% for the city proper (two points deducted for Wolf's Den and WIP sewers :(), and probably close to 85% in total (though it's a bit difficult to judge with the remaining terraform work) In addition, there are now 120 unique builders who have contributed to White Harbor since we first started, with an average of 7 contributions per person. Looking at just sprawl, those figures are 66 builders with an average of about 4 contributions per person. So thanks to all the people who have helped out so far!

The list of contributions per builder can be found here, and in particular I'd like to give a special shout-out to the top 10 Sprawl contributors as of now:

1. Ammika & Cl0udkid : 29
    2. CashBanks : 13
    3. GrayJedi : 12
    4. Kor_Bro : 11
    5. oOiOoMajic : 10
    6. Myrwhyck : 9
    7. VoxerBr : 7
    8. Pottman & Ubeka : 6

White Harbor was first started on October 29th, 2016. This means that we're soon approaching the two year anniversary of White Harbor. If we work really hard, we might just be able to have this wrapped up in the next couple months!

4. December 23, 2018 Update

Hey everyone,

As we're approaching the new year, I just wanted to give a brief update about the state of WH. The harbour area is pretty much finished. Whoo! I've gone through approving the houses there, and all that's left is populating the harbour with ships and adding some final details to polish it off.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for improvements at the harbour, please feel free to voice them now! I plan to remove the builder tags in about 5 days.

With that done, nearly all of the work remaining is terraforming and improving the auxiliary lands. There are only a couple very small tasks left inside the outer wall, i.e. the shipyard (which is already well under progress) and the salt boiling area, which is available for application.

If you're interested in any of the remaining mini-projects, please take a look at this thread!!

---------------

Anyways, we're currently at a total of 925 contributions for White Harbor, with 131 unique builders who have contributed to White Harbor since we first started. Warm welcome to the 11 new builders who have contributed since the last update!

The list of contributions per builder can be found here, and in particular I'd like to give a special shout-out to the top 10 Sprawl contributors as of now:

1. Ammika : 36
    2. Cl0udkid : 33
    3. Emoticone11 : 16
    4. CashBanks : 14
    5. GrayJedi : 12
    6. Kor_Bro : 11
    7. oOiOoMajic : 10
    8. Myrwhyck : 9
    9. P_Tesla : 8
    10. VoxerBr : 7

Current completion is 98% for the city proper (two points deducted for Wolf's Den and WIP sewers :( ) Furthermore, I would now estimate the completion of the city proper and sprawl to be close to 95% complete! I'm not sure what percent completion it is overall; the terraforming work is a bit hard to judge and may still drag on for a little while. Although now that @Kor_Bro is back in full force, and I'm soon to be free to work on terra as well, it should go a bit quicker :)

5. April 15, 2019 Update

Hey everyone,

It turns out that being sick + the possibility of a WH render in the mix + a dope ass community made me productive as hell the last few days, so I spent a bit of time finishing off all of the stuff in proximity to the city and sprawl. Instead of boring you with text, I'll show some of the progress using two new maps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As can be seen, pretty much everything within the city and sprawl is done, give or take a few scattered buildings which still need details, and some other things (the harbor & shipyard still needs ships, and the northern river needs to be reterraformed). As such, I'd estimate completion at 98% for the city proper and sprawl! The main builds that still need to be done are finishing the Wolf's Den and Seal Rock.

Taking into account the surrounding lands and terraforming, which are being worked on right now, I'd place completion somewhere in the 80-90% range, although it's honestly a bit hard to tell. One important thing that still needs to be done in the surrounding lands is the house Holt mini-app; see the sprawl thread for more information about that.

Since I went on a house-approval streak as part of finishing up the sprawl, I'll take this time to give some of the updated stats as well:

---------------

We're currently at a total of 1045 (finally breached 1,000!!) total contributions for White Harbor, with 613 of those being in the city and 432 being in the sprawl/surrounding lands. We're now at 142 builders who have contributed to White Harbor in its entirity, and 92 builders in the sprawl/surrounding lands. That's up again by 11 since the last update, so welcome to all the new builders who have contributed since then!

1. Ammika : 55
    2. Cl0udkid : 34
    3. Emoticone11 : 17
    4. CashBanks : 15
    5. IronGentleGiant : 14
    6. GrayJedi : 13
    7. Kor_Bro : 13
    8. Spikespiegel : 11
    9. Lyliana : 10
    10. oOiOoMajic : 10

P.S. @Steineke come finish the damn Wolf's Den already!