Westeroscraft Launcher requirements

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hi everyone!

I'm planning on buying a new laptop and, although it is not a priority, one of the things I would like to be able to do with it is download and use this launcher in order to participate on the server. What requirements are recommend? If I'm able to run vanilla Minecraft would I be able to run Westeroscraft? I'm not aware if there's a page on the website where this is specified. Thank you all beforehand!

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Azulejo! That's great news, it would be good to see you around in-game.

To be honest, you can't really go wrong providing you are buying a new-ish laptop that isn't a chromebook. They should all be able to handle Minecraft. And yes, if you can run Vanilla MC, WesterosCraft should not be a problem. Getting better specs will mean higher framerates for resource-intensive shaders (if you want to use them) and higher render distances, but if you just want to run the game on the default settings it should be fine.

Personally I would always advise buying a desktop PC (better value, easier to repair an update, less heating/cooling issues) but if you need the mobility of a laptop then fair enough.

Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I'm aware of the advantages of a desktop PC, but a laptop fits better my current and near-future needs (mobility and work in campus), and above all I don't have a workspace big enough for a desktop :'(. Thank you for the fast reply!

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Even built-in GPUs should be fine running the game, although dedicated ones are highly recommended if you want to use your laptop for anything other than internet and office software - I expect you are already planning to make sure it has a dedicated GPU already and the game should run fine with almost any. One thing to look out for is RAM - many games and other software have an increasing hunger for temp memory, so I recommend to get more rather than less. 8GB RAM could almost be considered a minimum here. You will definitely need at least 6GB RAM available to run our custom mods smoothly.