WelcomeBrute39

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
WelcomeBrute39

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
England

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
To me it is that one person can capture everyone's imagination in writing and that a lot of people can dive in an "unknown" world and explore a fantasy and mysteries that lie between the lines.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Defiantly has to be high garden, this is because of the shear size and nature of the build. This is also one of the most accurate builds of book depiction I have ever seen.

Why do you want to join our server?
I want to be a part of something that could change minecraft. I would also like to make the admins and the great minds behind this a lot easier by helping them build. this also gives me the chance to improve my builds and let my ideas thrive. I also have some skills that may not be all building. Because I played years of mod packs I know m way round many mods. this includes custom NPCs and due to this I know how to code and script for quests and I can also make NPCs look like real characters in GOT. I also know the alternative.... command blocks... ew.

Tell us about your build.
So this build is based of buildings I have seen in and outside the high garden walls. After looking around the build I have took pictures of houses and shops and tried to mix the photographs to make my own depiction of a house that would lie in high gardens walls. This build has a mix of oak roofs and thatch to give a noble but also a slight peasant look to it. the moss also shows that the wars around has stopped the person living here to clean as they are so busy worrying about their lives although they maybe safe in this house. I chose the materials as it is the materials used already in high garden. It might not be exactly the same because its very difficult to find the correct shade through pictures etc... I also used the timber blocks to fit in the noble look in as in high garden they do use this.

2020-09-20_11.42.17.png2020-09-20_11.42.21.png2020-09-20_11.42.32.png2020-09-20_11.42.41.png2020-09-20_21.25.59.png2020-09-20_21.27.11.png2020-09-20_21.26.59.png2020-09-20_21.26.50.png2020-09-20_21.26.42.png

Did you follow the application rules?
I hope so, I've read the rules many times now. I hope this is enough and not to much.
Kind Regards WelcomeBrute39
Also You know nothing Jon Snow

Reactions: ContraBlonde

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey WelcomeBrute,
Thanks for this application (and for posting those ideas about using Custom NPC's), can tell you're interested in contributing to the server and the enthusiasm's really nice to see.

You've done well with this house, I've just got a handful of suggested improvements that'll help with your future builds.

It looks like you've got a few competing ideas for the roof line, we generally aim to avoid that style of rounded cross-hip style of roof corner, instead just continuing the through-line of one of the wings of the house all the way to the end, (referred to as "cross-gables")
1600739671640.png
1600739833837.png
1600739989488.png

Also this style of roof is very restricted to builds in the North, not a big deal here but just FYI.
On the interior details, these are largely looking good, I'd just caution against using too many of what we call "high class" blocks, e.g. book shelves, drawers, glass windows.
When using cabinets, since they (counter intuitively) have the same face on all sides we try to make sure only one face of the cabinet is exposed at any time, and generally use half doors to cover them up.
1600740353366.png
E.g.
1600740990512.png

Also when adding another floor to a building, rather than the flat wooden plank blocks, you can use rows of stairs to create the effect of floor rafter cross beams. It's best to have these rafters span the width of the house rather than the length (means the beams are shorter/more structurally sound).
1600741119564.png

Otherwise you're off to a good start,
For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also, if you haven't already, take a look a the Basic Building Guide for some more tips, examples and Do's and Don'ts that will help on future builds.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Also you may want to enable the "Fancy" graphics option in the settings menu to fix the transparency on these tree leaves.
1600743971247.png

Veggie

The Old Bear
This application has been rejected at this stage due to inactivity, you would be welcome to pick this up where we left off in the future.