Vinetown thread

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey there,
This thread is dedicated to the Vinetown sub-project.

You can post all your applications there, for joining teams and later for leading districts or for special builds.
Refer to the main Arbor thread to know what is open to apply.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
applying to join the defenses team since ive aready done a portion of the walls
Approved! We can continue working on the walls and towers, I still need to decide wether there'll be a moat on some portions of the wall (for the streams flowing down from the mountains and into the freshwater distribution).

I'd like to apply for both the Catacombs team as well as the Sewers team if dual applications are permitted. I'm a member of the OT Sewers and I've done work in some catacombs of the KL Update.
Approved as well. For the sewers, we can start working on the palette, I've plotted already a large portion of it flying above the ground.
For the catacombs, feel free to start from the flying spot (which is the location of the entry from the side of the Vine septry). Can do some tests of underground tunnels and rooms as well, with gradients and furnishing.

I'd love to join the terra team! I've worked on my project, Skerry, Goode, Burley and I lead the OT terra team.
Great! Approved too, if you feel like it, you can start working on the coasts North and South of the town (North up to the tip of the island, and South to the eastern tip facing Isle of pigs). I'm imagining a long sand beach on the southern coast, between the hill of the Redwyne castle and the southern mountain chain separating from Starfish Harbor.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hi! I can join terra but my focus is on OT beach/cliffs atm :) Resume is Mances and OT Terra Team.
Great! I think it's best if I let you coordinate with Jake (you're usually more in game when he is than with me I think). What could be great if you wanna change a bit more OT cliffs is to make similar cliffs on the portion North of Vinetown, the one parallel to the mainland.

I can help with gardens and yards *shrug*
You're already enrolled for all the castle's gardens don't worry. There's the admiralty one btw if you wanna take a look at it.

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
I'd like to apply for Defenses Team, and if possible the Arsenal Supervision team. I've been investing a fair amount of time into researching industry and mechanisms of the tradecrafts that make some of the material needed for ships, and would like to provide industrial advice. I've also been researching and building various contraptions as of late.

Reactions: Rexstop15

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I also apply for the Defenses Team, already testing one of the gates!
Approved!
Dont hesitate to show me your gates' tests!

I'd like to apply for Defenses Team, and if possible the Arsenal Supervision team. I've been investing a fair amount of time into researching industry and mechanisms of the tradecrafts that make some of the material needed for ships, and would like to provide industrial advice. I've also been researching and building various contraptions as of late.
Approved for both. It'd be great to have some work and thoughts put into the arsenal, especially in terms of cranes and the multiple mechanisms that'll be required. Like for moving the dry docks gates and emptying them for ship repair. Also needs several capstans around to help maneuvering the ships around the arsenal.

F

FD001__

I'd like to join the arsenal team.

I have experience with building large ships in game (check out my plot), and have an interest in shipbuilding generally. It would be great to be involved with the Admiralty too, and work on that.

Reactions: Elduwin and EStoop

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I'd like to join the arsenal team.

I have experience with building large ships in game (check out my plot), and have an interest in shipbuilding generally. It would be great to be involved with the Admiralty too, and work on that.
Approved! Let me know when you're ready to get to work, lots of stuff to do ;)

Reactions: FD001__

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Vinnie FD001__ moved your applications to Vinetown thread, for the record. They both look amazing, I already know it will be a very hard choice. I'll wait at least for JG's app as well, and if others want to have a go, don't hesitate!

Also, just a thought, I'm considering approving separately the garden and the building (even though they obviously work together on your tests, the garden itself is worth considering on its own).

halpaca7

Bard
Hi, here's my app for the Crone's Hill and Sept in the Vinetown arsenal. If approved I'll make it look a bit more crumbling as per the brief. Go have a look on my test plot /warp halpaca (second level), it looks better in game.

Just to say, I want the walls to look like they were a later addition as the arsenal grew around the hill, so I used a different palette. I know the OT palette will be used to make the arsenal buildings look salt water-washed so I'm happy to just use OT blocks.

1. Sept
2. Small garden with orange and lemon trees (given to sailors for free when available so they can avoid getting scurvy or the westeros equivalent).
3. Main entrance to the hill.
4. Garden area for the septas so they can grow food.
5. Another entrance.
6. Motherhouse
7. "Temporary" wooden bell tower (I thought maybe it could have been constructed to replace the bell that broke in the sept, but it's stuck around. If that doesn't make sense it's just a wooden belltower and there was never a bell in the sept).

Everywhere else there will be scattered graves.

EDIT: I promise I'm an actual builder, can someone change me to one on the forums pls D: