Vertechs

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
Vertechs

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
USA

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I love world-building in general and there's a lot of that in the books and the show.

What is your favorite build on our server?
If terrain counts, then the Mountains of the Moon are cool even just to wander around. Otherwise, Castle Black and the top of the wall. Even if its a smaller area, I really like the details and the feel of it.

Why do you want to join our server?
I was a builder previously before life got in the way. I really like building in MC when I can, and it's much more enjoyable when builds can be part of a huge project.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/yGq6CHU

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Vertechs,

Welcome back, glad to see you're interested in building again! Nicely done with the app house, my only pointer there is that the thatch ceiling should be a little less messy - mostly just removing the indents in the peak.

Since it's been a couple years since you've last been on, I'd just like to see a challenge build in one of the most recent styles, /warp duskendale - middle-class house with a yard. If everything seems good I'll bump you back up to builder. Let me know if you have any questions.

Vertechs

Mummer
Sorry this took a while! I've just been working on it when I get breaks from school, and I spent most of that time messing around with all the new blocks. Anyway, here's my Duskendale house (Album) My headcanon for the house was a carpenter living with a small family, where he works on smaller non-work projects at home. In retrospect I made the house a little small for the detail I wanted to include, and so the interior ended up looking sort of random.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Vertechs,

Very sorry, I somehow missed your reply! Overall nice work with this house, I think you've caught up to speed quickly. I do have a couple pointers on specific things, though:

- If you have an overhang on a house, avoid doing a "mini-roof" like here, where the overhang has its own gable. It's better and more realistic to make a slanted "shed roof" going perpendicular to the house.

- We pretty much avoid using full log blocks in houses whatsoever nowadays, including for rafters.

- Make sure to cover up the side of the bench block here with a half door.

Otherwise this looks good, so I'll re-approve you! You'll need to ask an in-game mod to promote you. The standard we've had for returning older builders is that you do an abridged probation period where you just have to build 5 houses, rather than the whole month. Just make a thread and indicate that you're a returning builder. Please let me know if you have any questions. Welcome back! :D

Vertechs

Mummer
No worries! I was literally just typing a bump post in case yall forgot about me XD. I fixed the roof and the logs and it looks a lot better. I'll start my probation thread soon, thank you!